Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics injection moulded, im looking for good source?

  • injection moulded, im looking for good source?

    Posted by Robert Lambie on November 19, 2002 at 9:16 pm

    hi all… looking for some help in locating a uk compnay that can do injection moulds from plastic/perspex. etc
    they have to be able to form somthing like a fish tank from clear perspex…
    about a foot deep and 3 foot long… it cant be built up perspex like a till cover as it needs to be seemless…
    any info appreciated

    Paul Davenport replied 21 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Phill Fenton

    November 19, 2002 at 10:26 pm

    Try Glossbrook Enginering Just past Armadale (In your direction – in Longridge I think). I’ll send you their tel. no. tomorrow. I think this is the sort of thing they can do.

  • Robert Lambie

    November 19, 2002 at 10:56 pm

    cheers for that phill ill try everything and anything 😉

  • Phill Fenton

    November 20, 2002 at 9:00 am

    Rob – Details as follows:-
    Glossbrook Engineering, Blackridge, Bathgate, Tel. 01501 752995.
    Let me know how you get on 😀

  • ruth

    November 20, 2002 at 10:20 am


    What you describe sounds like a vacuum forming process is all you need. Vacuum forming is a world cheaper than injection moulding. You could make your own forming tool out of MDF with holes drilled to create the vacuum. My experience of vacuum forming and injection moulding is mainly in the west Midlands but it’s a very common process, a quick search on for VACUUM FORMING in GLASGOW found 2 companies.

    There are many vacuum formed signs out there so you probably know all about it but a fish tank shape without seams sounds like a sheet forming job to me.


  • Paul Davenport

    November 21, 2002 at 12:03 am

    YEA sounds like a simple male/female plug mould will do the trick just try round, if ya get no joy up youre end, i know a guy that has the gear to do it just giz a nod

  • Robert Lambie

    November 21, 2002 at 12:12 am

    thanks for the help guys…

    phill, called them mate… no joy. i think they said it was too large for them.
    never mind. thanks anyway.

    cheers for your suggestion also ramjam ill try it also. i didnt think of this alternative.

    paul? im nodding mate im nodding 😉

  • Paul Davenport

    November 23, 2002 at 11:02 pm


    Company is called plastic formers and there based in manchester

    Plastic Formers Ltd
    King St Denton
    Manchester Lancashire
    M34 6PF

    Tel: 0161 320 7200

    they should be able to sort you

    oh and stop taking mi shreck picture off will ya

  • Robert Lambie

    November 24, 2002 at 12:54 am

    brilliant paul… cheers for that mate!

    quote :

    oh and stop taking mi shreck picture off will ya

    what shreck picture 😮 😉

  • Paul Davenport

    November 24, 2002 at 9:28 pm

    (:) exactly….the shreck pic that aint there

Log in to reply.