Activity Feed Forums Software Discussions General Software Topics Impact Vehicle Library 2004 Edition

• Jill Marie Welsh

April 20, 2004 at 10:24 pm

Just wait like I did!
    A Letterhead I know who buys a new one every edition
    gave me an old one. I use it a lot, especially for sketches.
    It helps clients to “see” what the job will look like.
    But in case you do a lot of vehicle graphics
    and are NOT as charming as I am,
    maybe it would be a good idea to invest in it!
    Love…Jill 😉

• Phill Fenton

April 20, 2004 at 10:34 pm

Of course it’s worth the money!! These outline Cds allow you to design on vehicles and produce professional looking proofs for your clients. If your serious about doing vehicle signs you need an up to date vehicle outline CD.

Whether its Impact or Ingram doesnt really matter as long as it’s up to date. 😀 (personally I’ve alway used Ingram but will be buying from Impact next time I need to update).

• J. Hulme

April 20, 2004 at 10:36 pm

If you haven’t got any profiles, I’d definately say so, a part of the signmakers toolkit.
    Looks professional too for draft copies, don’t forget your copyright splattered right across it though 😉

• Lee Harris

April 20, 2004 at 10:41 pm

A must for any sign writers tool box who does vehicles. Would be lost with out my CD form Impact.

Regards
    Lee

• John Childs

April 21, 2004 at 7:21 am

Couldn’t operate without it.

• Lorraine Buchan

April 21, 2004 at 7:33 am

I agree, i personally find Impacts the best and have used both, the thing that stands out with Impacts is that they are more accurate and you also get a nice bound book with the pictures of the vehicle in – great when the customer isn’t sure what kind of van they have, as happens all too often!

• Steve Lamb

April 21, 2004 at 7:39 am

I have always used Impact too, never anything else so I can’t comment on others, but this must mean I have never had any problems. Another bonus with Impact is Brian is a part of this site and has a link to his website on the homepage.

Give him a ring I am sure he would be glad to help.

• nelijane

April 21, 2004 at 8:09 am

Totally agree. I bought the ingram cd as part of my ‘start up’ package, but found myself buying the impact one only a month later. it’s far better, the templates look ‘more real’ and the bound book is a god send (especially if both you and your customer are not familiar with different types of vehicle) i also find the impact cd images easier to import etc and also got a cd of graphics-to-go from impact free when I made the purchase. I’m definitely very happy. (can i have commission, brian) 😉

• Alan Drury

April 21, 2004 at 8:13 am

I have used both, next time round I will upgrade with Impact and doubt if I will bother with Ingram ever again.
    Alan

• Robert Lambie

April 21, 2004 at 9:02 am

impact disk is a must.. just make sure your buying the genuine article!

http://www.impactgs.co.uk/

• Mike.Smith

April 21, 2004 at 8:55 pm

I will be calling them tormorrow then 🙂
    thanks

• Nicola McIntosh

April 21, 2004 at 9:11 pm

yes you really should!! 😛 😛

as everyone says it’s very good!! i have used ingram for years and glad i have changed!! it’s so much better!! 😆 😆

Nik

• Paul Goodwin

April 22, 2004 at 8:28 am

Impact is the way top go , and as the others have said you just can’t do without it. I’m not sure but Brian was doing a bundle deal with teh vehicle libary and the graphics to go disks as well, 2 packages worth their weight in gold

• Mike.Smith

April 22, 2004 at 8:38 am

Purchased. and i got a deal cause im a member here (hot)
    cheers all

• Brian Hays

April 22, 2004 at 10:58 am

Thanks for all your comments guys, I am sure Mike won’t be disapointed 🙂

• Mike.Smith

April 23, 2004 at 10:34 pm

Got it ,
    worked out how the stickers are cut in sequence, just about to look at the
    vehicle outlines 🙂
    well impressed 😀

• Mike.Smith

April 28, 2004 at 9:18 pm

Ive run into a slight problem.
    signblazer does’nt seem to be compatiable with the impact software.
    and its not listed in the impact book.
    signlab is and i dont have it 🙁
    what can i do?

• Henry Barker

April 29, 2004 at 8:13 am

Hi Mike,

I’m not familiar with Signblazer…that said if you have Impact Version 11 2004 you should have 2 CD’s? On one CD you have eps, and plt files and on the other CD you have ai, and cdl files, ai and eps are industry standard vector files and should import into any vector based programme which I assume Signblazer is, you may have run into problems trying to import a plt file into Signblazer as not all plt files are the same across different graphic applications.

Try some of the other files through your import filter 🙂

• Brian Hays

April 29, 2004 at 3:18 pm

Mike give me a call & I will try to resolve the problem, I did try calling this morning but got your answer message…..

(left a message but wasn’t sure if I had the right number as it was a BT message thingy)

• Mike.Smith

April 29, 2004 at 9:59 pm

no worries, i will call tormorrow.
    thanks for the concern 🙂
    (new)

• Mike Fear

May 1, 2004 at 5:03 pm

Think I’ll have to get a copy of this as well – anyone know of any similar things that have motorbiek outlines on them ?

mike

• Mike.Smith

May 1, 2004 at 10:05 pm

been busy but i intend to call soon. 😳