Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers I need your review about Roland AJ-1000.

• Robert Lambie

June 15, 2011 at 9:25 pm

what are your primary jobs planned for it? i.e. what sort of work did you buy it to produce?

• Gabriel Cristian

June 15, 2011 at 9:34 pm

There is an electoral campaign coming next year:)…. And for other jobs like printing on mesh, banner (billboard). And, if the printer can (and I mean good quality, not very good quality), I want to use it also for vinyl jobs (not so pretentious ones).
    I want to know if there are problems with the print-heads, pumps and other stuff. What about the ink? What are the production costs regarding the ink consumption?

• Robert Lambie

June 15, 2011 at 9:38 pm

i would say its ideal for that and more…
    the quality on vinyl is very good for vehicle work and the like…
    its a fast machine and runs very well.
    i have the AJ 740 along with a rebranded soljet 2 and it never misses a beat… ive never had a single issue with it…

ink costs etc are down to who you use as a supplier, what you are printing onto at the time and more.

• Gabriel Cristian

June 15, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Are you using original eco-extreme LT ink?

• Robert Lambie

June 15, 2011 at 9:45 pm

No, i am using Colorific Pro Aj Inks. They are plug and play… no profiling, nothing… had the machine about 18 months or more.

• Gabriel Cristian

June 15, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Do you have a bulk system or those are 1liter cartridges? Have you replaced anything in 18 months?
    Thanks for your time!

• Robert Lambie

June 15, 2011 at 9:49 pm

1 litre carts…
    ive replaced nothing, works the same as it did the day it was installed.

• Gabriel Cristian

June 15, 2011 at 9:53 pm

This is great news! Thank you Robert for your time. I guess if anything goes wrong, once again I’m going to work with Digiprint. I guess they have all the spare parts I will eventually need. 😀

• Robert Lambie

June 15, 2011 at 10:25 pm

yeh i would think digiprint will be able to source anything you may need, but i doubt you will have any broken parts for a good while yet.

are you buying it in the UK or elsewhere?
    probably all gone now, but there was AJ740’s going for something like £11k in the UK a couple of months back. ide guess gone now as it was while stocks last, but maybe worth contacting Grafityp on that one.

• Gabriel Cristian

June 15, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I will buy it from a Roland dealer in Romania. The price for a brand new AJ740 is around 17k euros. I expect a good offer for AJ 1000 :).