Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP9000s….Error Code, anyone ever seen this?

• HP9000s….Error Code, anyone ever seen this?

Posted by Justin Mann on December 8, 2008 at 1:19 pm

System Error 1180
    Power Off/On

Off/On cured the problem but I just wondered if anyone knew what caused this? Nothing in the user manuals.

Cheers,
    Justin 🙂

Justin Mann replied 15 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Russell Huffer

December 8, 2008 at 1:47 pm

My HP5500PS sometimes throws up a code, i normally ignore it until it has appeared half a dozen times, however when i do get problems i call hp support line 0870 8422339 they are great and either know or can find out anything about HP printers.

Regards

Russell.

• Justin Mann

December 8, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Cheers Russell, I’ll give them a shout

Justin

• Paul-D

December 8, 2008 at 5:02 pm

error 1180 i think is to do with the CAP.

Cap not properly sealing the heads…… just keep any eye on it if it happens again get any engineer to look at it….

• geomet

December 13, 2008 at 9:07 am

Hi
    The HP 9000 is the same as the Seiko ColourPainter. The error 1180 on the Seiko ColourPainter is related to the connection to the black head and points to the ribbon cable from the mother board to the head board. I have experience of this error. I have ordered in a new set of ribbon cables to see if I can get rid of the error. Turning off and on again works but it is becoming more frequent.
    I will let you know how I get on when I replace the cables.

As an aside I will collect empty HP9000 and HP5500 HP Z6100 and Seiko cartridges in Ireland if anyone has a reasonable quantity.

regards

Fergus Byrne

• geomet

January 12, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Hi,
    Regarding error code 1180 on the Seiko Colourpainter. I stated above
    that I thought the problem was the ribbon cable. I stand corrected and the suggestion that someone came out with earlier about the capping station is correct. The motor which drives the capping station and the cleaning pumps gives out this error if it has a current overload. I bought a complete capping unit (Approx: €1000.00) and replaced it. This solved the problem.
    It is not too expensive a fix as all the pumps and pump tubes are replaced with all the head caps. These have to replaced periodically.
    The motor and all the gears and 2 solenoids are replaced also with this unit.

FERGUS BYRNE

• Justin Mann

January 13, 2009 at 9:10 am

Many thanks Fergus. We’ve had the error a few times over the past couple of months and can’t get the magenta head cleared, could well be related I guess.

Thanks again,
    Justin