Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics HP Latex 360 users, do you have these problems?

• HP Latex 360 users, do you have these problems?

Posted by Jordan Odd on April 7, 2017 at 6:20 am

Hello,

Does anybody here use the HP Latex 360’s?

If so do you suffer from all kinds of banding, even when increasing the optimizer levels / decreasing temp / vacuum?

Thanks

David McCarroll replied 7 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Colin Crabb

April 7, 2017 at 7:38 am

Never had any banding problem here – I think this would be a calibration / media advance issue more than heat, vacuum or optimiser.

• Jordan Odd

April 7, 2017 at 8:48 am
    quote Colin Crabb:

Never had any banding problem here – I think this would be a calibration / media advance issue more than heat, vacuum or optimiser.

I’ve been working with HP closely for the last 18 months with issues regarding banding and they’ve never suggested the calibration. I have bands of dark colour running vertically down my prints and I did get rid of them by upping the optimizer but now they have come back.

• Colin Crabb

April 7, 2017 at 8:54 am

I’m guessing print head are fine – any issues can cause banding.

Has HP checked the OMAS sensor? this controls the media step advance if faulty or calibration is out will cause banding.

• Peter Wynne

April 7, 2017 at 9:30 am

I use a 360 and we had an issue regarding colour and banding a few months back. After running a full test plot I discovered that one of the new printheads was faulty and mis-firing.
    We’ve also had this on certain medias which weren’t warranted for Latex use, but I tried profiling. I just couldn’t get satisfactory results as the media just didn’t want to take the ink (regardless of optimizer levels).

• Jordan Odd

April 7, 2017 at 9:39 am
    quote Colin Crabb:

I’m guessing print head are fine – any issues can cause banding.

Has HP checked the OMAS sensor? this controls the media step advance if faulty or calibration is out will cause banding.

Yeah, they’ve done all the usual checks that they do every time they come down just to rule them out. Seems to be a never ending issue for us.

• Jordan Odd

April 7, 2017 at 9:40 am
    quote Peter Wynne:

I use a 360 and we had an issue regarding colour and banding a few months back. After running a full test plot I discovered that one of the new printheads was faulty and mis-firing.
    We’ve also had this on certain medias which weren’t warranted for Latex use, but I tried profiling. I just couldn’t get satisfactory results as the media just didn’t want to take the ink (regardless of optimizer levels).

I use Metamark vinyl with the profile that Metamark supply so it is already profiled. I’ve heard the 500 series is a lot better regarding being no banding.

• Peter Wynne

April 7, 2017 at 10:19 am

Interesting. Our 360 has been brilliant (aside from that faulty printhead) Another sign makers round the corner from us has a 560 and has had no end of issues with it. Colours out, banding, errors during prints. Suppose they might have just been unlucky!

• Colin Crabb

April 7, 2017 at 1:22 pm

1000% happy with our 360, highly recommend the machine.
    We also use Metamark, and have zero issues – defo’ strange!

hehe we had more issue when running our Mimiaki!

Have you had the HP experts out, or your suppliers engineers?

• Jordan Odd

April 7, 2017 at 1:45 pm
    quote Peter Wynne:

Interesting. Our 360 has been brilliant (aside from that faulty printhead) Another sign makers round the corner from us has a 560 and has had no end of issues with it. Colours out, banding, errors during prints. Suppose they might have just been unlucky!

Sounds like they have been!

• Jordan Odd

April 7, 2017 at 1:47 pm
    quote Colin Crabb:

1000% happy with our 360, highly recommend the machine.
    We also use Metamark, and have zero issues – defo’ strange!

hehe we had more issue when running our Mimiaki!

Have you had the HP experts out, or your suppliers engineers?

Can we swap machines? 😆

I’ve had everybody involved in the making of the machines out!

I don’t print pictures but normally solid colours so the banding is visible compared to photos.

• Hugh Potter

April 8, 2017 at 11:05 am
    quote Jordan Odd:

I use Metamark vinyl with the profile that Metamark supply so it is already profiled. I’ve heard the 500 series is a lot better regarding being no banding.

Sounds daft but try it on a generic profile, I have the 260 – which does occasionally have the vertical and horizontal banding (very slight) but I do find that 90% of my products go through and print better on the generic HP Gloss vinyl profile than on the specified profiles.. don’t ask me why but IP 550g banner, arlon wrap, Avery mpi2804, avery wallpaper and most other things all print better on that generic profile!!

• David McCarroll

April 10, 2017 at 7:29 pm

As mentioned above, print all test plots and examine them probperly.

Try a different profile of the same Caliber i.e. Md5 vs orajet 3651

Try different pass rates, sometimes low pass rate can cause very slight banding but a calibration can sort it.

Stock profiles aren’t always great so build your own, I’d be happy to send you one over to try if you want but def start with a fresh profile as then you are tailoring it to your needs.

Both of ours are brilliant machines, both came with faulty printheads from new and both have had the same heating module fail even though each machine was 1 year apart on build.