Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP L26500 Loop Shapers – Does anyone use the plastic ones?

• HP L26500 Loop Shapers – Does anyone use the plastic ones?

Posted by Myles Brewer on November 8, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering does anyone use the plastic loop shapers that are suggested in the user manual when using the take up reel for vinyl/paper etc. or do you just use the "heavy" (doesn’t actually feel very heavy!!) aluminium one that is stored at the bottom of the stand. Is there really much difference other than the plastic ones come apart to suit different media widths it seems.

Luke Culpin replied 7 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Luke Culpin

November 8, 2016 at 8:44 pm

I tend to use the plastic one when printing onto smaller rolls like roll up display media at 915mm, anything 1220 upwards I always use the main bar!

• A.Kordowski

November 9, 2016 at 10:38 am

Ive never used them, just use the mainbar….

• Myles Brewer

November 9, 2016 at 11:11 am
    quote Luke Culpin:

I tend to use the plastic one when printing onto smaller rolls like roll up display media at 915mm, anything 1220 upwards I always use the main bar!

Would you say they are any lighter than the main bar? Or just handier with the narrower widths?

The main reason I’m asking is that I don’t have them with my printer & wondered if it was something I’d really need to get as my main usage would be vinyl which is what they suggest using it for. Seemingly the guys that I bought it off never used them either by the sound of it.

• Luke Culpin

November 9, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Yes certainly much lighter than the main bar. I would think you should get away without them to be honest, I think they are just handier on the smaller widths but you should be fine!