Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers HP 365 printer advice please?

• HP 365 printer advice please?

Posted by Dan Osterbery on December 23, 2016 at 9:40 am

Hello All,
    firstly happy Christmas! Hope everyone has a good one! We have been looking at the Roland VG tru vis 640, but last night found out more about the hp 365 printer. I like the fact that we can swap the print heads ourselves, and the no off gassing with the latex systems. I would love to hear from any latex owners, on how many times you change the heads, how you feel about the inks, and any problems or advantages you have found with latex inks. Do you print textiles on them? Do the prints look washed out like they do on solvent printers? Any info or comments appreciated.

All the best

Dan

Jon Marshall replied 7 years, 4 months ago 7 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Iain George

December 23, 2016 at 11:22 am

No advice I am afraid Dan but am going to follow with interest as I am thinking of taking the plunge in the new year to get a printer instead of out sourcing it. Also this would make me more proactive in getting work in as up till know I have been working as an installer and doing private work on the side. I do believe that you can’t do textile though but am willing to be told otherwise.

• Luke Culpin

December 23, 2016 at 11:28 am

We have the Latex 260, the older version! I must say we are very happy with the machine! Never had any issues with any materials! Never had any issues with the machine either! Print heads do seem to last a long time, it’s also very satisfying to know for a relatively low price and a 5 minute job, you’ve just replaced your own print heads! Prints are also very sharp with fantastic colour vibrancy! The 365 is a better machine still! Something we would definitely like to upgrade to in the future!

• David McCarroll

December 23, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Hi Guys,

We’ve just invested in a further latex this month and wouldn’t have hesitated with the new one. We went for a 330 as this is the one we already have and feel the performance of it is perfect but also the gap between the price of the new 365 and 330 we bought was too much plus other things like holding diffferent print heads and cartridges.

I’m sure lots will be along with advice but for us it’s a no brainer going down the latex option. A lot of our work is time sensitive and being able to hand over sameday sometimes always impresses the client.

• Iain Pearson

December 25, 2016 at 4:26 am
    quote Iain George:

No advice I am afraid Dan but am going to follow with interest as I am thinking of taking the plunge in the new year to get a printer instead of out sourcing it. Also this would make me more proactive in getting work in as up till know I have been working as an installer and doing private work on the side. I do believe that you can’t do textile though but am willing to be told otherwise.

Hi Iain
    Although not as durable as say a UV curable, the attached was printed in an HP 360 3 days ago and installed next day in London .
    Fabric faced frame – we do hundreds of them a year – hope this helps

Attachments:

• Iain George

December 25, 2016 at 7:53 am

Iain
    Look at me CHRISTMAS morning and replying to this post. Happy Christmas everyone.
    That looks great but I was reading the textile part more for garment vinyl.

• Tim de Beir

December 27, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Hi Dan, last year in december I have purchased myself a latex 360. Caviar Graphics is a one-man-show and short delivery is one of the advantages…

For example a client called me if it was possible to wrap the side of a cooled tent, only problem job had to been done within 2/3 days… printend the 95 sqm in approx. 6 hours at high quality, direct laminated the whole thing and only 5 hours later drove 400 kms to france for the application!

The printer has nog 2300 sqm done, second set printerheads, and last set was not needed, but when you have job with 100 sqm in one run you don’t want a printhead that suddenly drops dead 🙂

Startup is really really fast, inks pretty cheap – for me the 360 is like a desktop printer that just works!

Oh and you should really do a print with a flat colour, for a few meters, no lines of whatsover no pixelling, no stained print, but realy smooth colours!!

A plus is that I can monitor the hp one my iphone when i am away eating and the printer is running or when i go home and started a 8 hours printjob, I can follow everything on my iphone!

have a look at my facebook page to see the various projects done with the 360 (search for caviar graphics on fb)

• Dan Osterbery

December 27, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Thanks Tim, I am flying to Barcelona on Friday to see a 360. Thanks for your input.

Dan

• Dan Osterbery

December 27, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Hi tim, I’ve had a look at your fb page, some great jobs on there! Which rip do you use flexi or onyx? Thanks Dan

• Tim de Beir

December 27, 2016 at 4:36 pm

I use caldera…

• Dan Osterbery

January 10, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Thanks for your advice guys! Latex 560 on its way to us in Menorca! Very impressed with the demo! Can’t wait till it gets here!

• Tim de Beir

January 10, 2017 at 4:03 pm

wauw the speed of that machine must be incredible, because I am now already impressed with the speed on printing on 8-10 pass…

• Jon Marshall

January 10, 2017 at 5:37 pm

It’s good to hear that solid colours are good on these. I always dread getting a wrap job that is largely one colour as I know I’m never going to be happy with the banding/graininess on the JV33.

Will be looking to get a 330 later in the year.