Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Hp 3500cp..good buy for beginner?

• Hp 3500cp..good buy for beginner?

Posted by javaid akhtar on August 14, 2007 at 4:33 pm

Hi I’m a complete beginner but i had a good time creating a great sign fo rmy shop after some good advice here.

So I’m back for more…
    I might buy a second hand HP3500 cp for 1000.00..
    I want to print vinyl for sticking to some alupanel or foamex …some nice graphics.
    And do some posters as well

Anyone have any experience with it?

Good or bad?

I know its slow which is no problem for me…

regards

Javaid

Shane Drew replied 16 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Bill McMurtry

August 14, 2007 at 10:23 pm

I have a 2500CP and a 3000CP. Both are very easy to use and maintain, and they do a good job on coated material. You will need to laminate for outdoor signs and stickers. Since the JV3 arrived I haven’t used either of them though and I’ll be passing them on to their next owner soon. One thing I will add is that you’ll need to use pigment inks because dye inks fade real fast.

• Shane Drew

August 14, 2007 at 10:48 pm

Hi mate, I cut my printing teeth on a 3500cp. Great machine, excellent learning tool.

I regret selling mine when I purchased my solvent printer. Its a great poster printer too.

Cheers
    Shane

• javaid akhtar

August 15, 2007 at 6:25 am

What would be the best way to laminate ( for a beginner…cheaper-Easiser)
    any vinyl or poster done by that machine.
    I want long lasting prints in the outdoors and indoors.
    I’m assuming that laminating would help extend the life of any work.
    The machine has pigment colours installed ..so thats covered.
    Thanks for the advice so far.
    Much appreciated.

regards

Javaid

• Bill McMurtry

August 15, 2007 at 6:46 am

Unless you have a laminator I suggest spraying with a UV inhibiting liquid laminate. Laminating outdoor prints will extend the print life from about 6 months to a couple of years at least.

• Shane Drew

August 15, 2007 at 12:11 pm

remember the golden rule with liquid laminates though – water based inks need a solvent based laminate, and solvent based inks work best with a water based laminate. (Not a hard and fast rule with solvent machines, but you’ll have less ‘issues’ if you go that route)

I agree with Bill here