Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Printer Ink how many ltrs of ink would it take to print 2400 sq metres?

• how many ltrs of ink would it take to print 2400 sq metres?

Posted by Phil Halling on June 14, 2006 at 8:18 am

Hi all,
    Can any body tell me approximately how many litres of ink it would take to print 2400 sq metres of vinyl on a uniform cadet plus, dont know the colours etc of whats involved yet, just want an approximation for quoting.

Cheers

Phil

Pauly replied 17 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Shane Drew

June 14, 2006 at 9:07 am

Rodney is your man I’d suggest. Pretty smart bloke when it comes to this sort of thing…

• David Rowland

June 14, 2006 at 9:14 am

thats a lot of sq metres… i must admit, due to your lovelly bus wrap posts you have posted, I would have possibly asked you the same question 😛

It’s all down to coverage… so the figure could be way out. The other question is how long will a Cadet print 2400 sq mtrs at what resolution/passes?

• Pauly

June 14, 2006 at 11:37 pm

Find someone with that setup and a similar profile who runs Onyx postershop 6.5 or higher. You can calculate ink useage in ml or $ on prints and its fairly accurate from my testing.

• Robert Lambie

June 15, 2006 at 12:04 am

your looking at about £6’ish per square metre for ink only, depending on your ink costs though…
    personally i wouldnt use the cadet plus for that volume of printing.
    right away you could cut costs by using a grenadeir. as its a faster printing machine. then you could go bulk ink system to save on ink costs.
    from here it is now who you buy the ink from to get the best price.
    personally, ide outsource it to a trade supplier to take on the headache while you keep other customers happy 😀

• Chris Dowd

June 15, 2006 at 7:13 am
    quote Pauly:

Find someone with that setup and a similar profile who runs Onyx postershop 6.5 or higher. You can calculate ink useage in ml or $ on prints and its fairly accurate from my testing.

Hmmmmm….. not a chance. When we had calculate ink usage turned on with our Seiko Colourpainter and Onyx it was nowhere near. Tried telling me that a square metre print was £65.

Was the first part of Onyx we turned off and so have most Onyx users who I know.

• Pauly

June 15, 2006 at 10:20 am

Then chances are pretty good you have not set it up correctly……

There is a correction number you need to put in so it will be accurate, this is dependant on what machine you have, profiles etc. Without it, it can be pretty off the mark. (Although with best intentions) If you ask your supplier, chances are they have done the hard yards in testing the machine to find out the correct number to input. Ours is VERY accurate andis often used for quoting purposes. 😀