Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters how good is the versaCamm SP-540V?

• how good is the versaCamm SP-540V?

Posted by beegee on June 23, 2006 at 9:27 am

I am looking to purchase a SP-540V but apart from the salesman telling me how great they are can anyone who actually owns or uses one tell me of any pitfalls with this machine and anything else that I may need to know prior to shelling out the money.
    I appreciate any advice at all.
    Thanks[/b]

Ewan Evans replied 16 years, 11 months ago 9 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Marekdlux

June 23, 2006 at 6:16 pm

There should be lots of posts on this.
    I have had mine since the beginning of March. Great machine.
    -Marek

• John Stevenson

June 23, 2006 at 6:19 pm

Yes, I agree with Marek.

We’ve had ours for two months now and we’re delighted with it.

Haven’t found any pitfalls so far.

John

• Pryam Carter

June 23, 2006 at 8:04 pm

I’ve got an sp300 and it’s a great little machine. I’ve done so much business with it and never had a problem.
    l’m thinking of upgrading to either the SP540V or a Roland Soljet 2.
    Making my mind up at the minute, i like the soljet but it’s the extra cost that scares me.

I’m thinking of selling my sp300 privately or maybe on ebay as the dealers don’t give you much.

• beegee

June 24, 2006 at 1:16 am

Thanks guys, its always better to get info from the end user rather than the salesman. Appreciate your input.

• Chris Lambe

June 29, 2006 at 1:02 pm

Roland’s never saw a bad one…built well print well some models are quite slow but in my opinion very good machines 😉

• Carl Maguire

May 22, 2007 at 8:16 am

Had mine approx 2 years very few problems only had to have an engineer out once in all that time to replace a print head as the nipple had become broken apart from that pretty self maintaining cant really complain about it

• stevie thomas

May 22, 2007 at 9:09 pm

the SP540v is a great machine but please note that Roland no longer supply the SP range now it is the VP-540 or VP-300

These machines are of equal quality but made even better.

The main difference is that the new vp range is a four head machine while the sp i only 2 therefore print speed is quicker i think if memory serves me correct upto 14sq/m per hour

I work for a roland agent and Have installed these into many clients all with great customer satisfaction.

the only way if you are specifically looking at the sp is if you know anyone selling them or you can find one on ebay for instance.

• Mark Nihotte

May 22, 2007 at 9:27 pm

Have had a 540V for two years now – its powered thru the work, taken the hammering that 4 different operators give it and when I upgrade soon will probably get the latest model at the time (will also look at Mimaki too)

Only things that wear out are filters and pump – even I have been walked thru changing those over the phone…easy. Head change will be next but thats still 3-4 billion shots away

• Ewan Evans

June 3, 2007 at 8:44 pm

mod-edit 1 see board rules

please use correct forum