Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters How can i imrove the tracking on my graphtec CE5000-120

• How can i imrove the tracking on my graphtec CE5000-120

Posted by Liam Pattison on August 1, 2009 at 5:25 pm

Hi
    i have been using a graphtec CE5000-120 for around a month now. I seem to be getting on ok but i’ve noticed that sometimes the cut is slightly off at certain points by a minute amount resulting in a slight imperfection in text and shapes.

There will be one small point particularly on curved objects where it appears as though the cut has not quite met up ever so slightly leaving a tiny little nodule of vinyl externally on the shape or maybe a small indent.

It’s a very small imperfection but it seems to bother me as i am a perfectionist and i have been trimming things by hand after cutting.

Does anyone have any advice on what the problem could be.

There is nothing on the blade such as dirt, i am also pre-feeding the vinyl before i cut.

Any advice would be much appreciated

cheers

Liam

Liam Pattison replied 14 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Lynn Normington

August 1, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Liam sounds like it could be your cutting strip. or maybe the font your are cutting ? just an other thought are your rollers clean? when you pre feed does it stay on track ?

Lynn

• John Childs

August 1, 2009 at 7:11 pm

Not likely to be cutting strip Lynn, or dirty rollers, as Liam’s Graphtec is only a month old. Unless it’s had some serious abuse. 😀

I’d be inclined to look at the blade offset first.

• Lynn Normington

August 1, 2009 at 7:27 pm

sorry didn’t know it was a new machine.

Lynn

• John Childs

August 1, 2009 at 7:44 pm

The clue’s in the first post Lynn. 😀

Unless Liam bought a used machine. 😳

😀

• Lynn Normington

August 1, 2009 at 7:58 pm

I thought maybe he had cause he didn’t say it was new, if it was my first call would be supplier.

Lynn

• Liam Pattison

August 2, 2009 at 8:17 am

Hi,
    thanks for your responses. The cutter is new. Chris Wool mentioned in another post that maybe it could be the vinyl not laying flat over the cutting strip.

Also i am now wondering about the possibility of it being my usb cable(s).
    I have one five meter usb cable which is then plugged into a signal booster usb cable which then connects to the cutter. Maybe this is a bit too much! What do you think? What i be better off just using one shorter cable?

Thanks

Liam

• Glenn Sharp

August 2, 2009 at 8:31 am
  • Liam Pattison

August 2, 2009 at 5:31 pm

Thanks Glenn i just had a read through that, i will follow those instructions and see if that helps.

Liam

• Mark Jahn

August 2, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Not sure if it would be the same issue as you have Liam but we initially had a 5 metre usb extension cable from our CE500 – 60 into a hub – which had a half metre cable going into the back of the pc and we were getting crap cuts like you have described. We relocated the cutter and plugged it directly into the pc with a 2 metre cable and everything was resolved.

• Liam Pattison

August 2, 2009 at 8:14 pm

Thanks Mark i’m starting to think this may be the problem. I will have to think about rearranging everything so that i can plug directly into the pc.

cheers

LIAM