Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl High Tack Vinyl

  • High Tack Vinyl

    Posted by Robert E Cook on October 3, 2022 at 7:52 pm

    Hi everyone,

    Been asked to change part of a flex faced sign.

    It doesn’t warrant a whole new skin just a printed vinyl to stick to the front.

    Basically a sticker to go on a PVC face.

    Any suggestions on the best vinyl to use that will print on a Latex printer.


    Robert E Cook replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • RobertLambie

    October 3, 2022 at 11:45 pm

    The thing with flexi-face signs is that they are UV printed onto a banner-type material.
    UV INK has a micro-texture to it and the banner material is not gloss or completely smooth, and also moves continually in the wind.
    To allow for the micro-texture and movement I would definitely want something with a more aggressive tack and minimal shrinkage as possible.

    Do not get me wrong, I think the life expectancy of the sticker/job is what will ultimately decide on what you will go for. The following is just a suggestion, there are similar products under different brand names.

    I would suggest something like Arlon DPF 7200X High Tack.
    Full details and spec can be found here:

  • Graham Scanlan

    October 4, 2022 at 5:48 am

    Hi guys

    Rob was correct recommending High Tack, but you need to consider the movement in the flex face, the Arlon product if for flat surfaces. You could consider

    Mactac JT5826 is a High Tack Vinyl for flexible pvc surfaces

  • Robert E Cook

    October 4, 2022 at 9:40 am

    Thanks for the replies – I will look at both these.


Log in to reply.