Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Hexis 4075 RLA application tape

• Hexis 4075 RLA application tape

Posted by Matt Hards on April 28, 2017 at 10:32 am

Ok so i buy my app tape from hexis. Slit down to 610 logs for cut vinyl.
    More often than not i have problems with it tearing on the cut edge. Which is very annoying when youve pulled out 2 m of it and it starts to tear.
    I think i probably end up with about 15m off most rolls going in the bin.
    Is it just this app tape or do they all do this. Ive pretty much always used this tape for the last 10 years because i like it and how it works.

Matt Hards replied 7 years ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • David Hammond

April 28, 2017 at 11:25 am

Never had the problem on a fresh slit log, but find it does happen when we knock or ding the ends of the roll.

• Garrickt Dartnell

April 28, 2017 at 11:39 am

Hi Matt,

100% agree with David on this one, When the ends of the roll are dinked or dented this can cause the tearing in the same place every time you pull the tape off.

It could be damage from the slitting machine or more likely in transit….

• Hugh Potter

April 28, 2017 at 11:54 am

various tapes over the years have given me troubles, with tearing being one such issue.

for the past 4-5 years I’ve used the orafol app tape, occasionally I’m annoyed by it seemingly delaminating on a couple of rolls (which I probably should’ve sent back) but otherwise it has been by far the most reliable for me.

• Matt Hards

April 28, 2017 at 11:59 am

Interesting points. I always keep it boxed until i use it to avoid damage as i know what you mean with the dinks in the edges. But it is usually when fresh. Maybe tape roller applies too much pressure when pulling out which might cause it to tear more.

Thanks hugh. Liked using your tape when i was at your place. Smells nice too. Haha. Although it is a lot thicker i think which can be a plus and a minus i guess