Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Help with SC-540 Sol Jet

• Help with SC-540 Sol Jet

Posted by Nancy Wannous on December 28, 2005 at 3:09 pm

Hi Guys,I need help with one of my printers, My printer is only printing Cyan. And there is like drop of ink coming out I did several times cleaning for the heads. I checked the inks 50% is ok iv been told from my supplier.I cleaned the wipers.I did everything My calibration is bad keeps overlapping.I have an urgent job due tomorrow and all the guys are on holiday and im stuck not sure what to do Please help Nancy

Nancy Wannous replied 18 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Lynn Normington

December 28, 2005 at 6:03 pm

Hi Nancy sorry i can’t help no nothing about them, but some one may be on later who doe’s so don’t give up !! 🙄

Lynn

• Kevin Flowers

December 28, 2005 at 6:26 pm

Nancy,
    what printer do you have & is it solvent or eco-solvent

Kev

• Peter Normington

December 28, 2005 at 8:09 pm

I cant help either Nancy,

But hang on in there, not a lot of peeps on the boards just now,

You’re probably thinking, “where are the boggers when I need them!”

Peter

• Shane Drew

December 28, 2005 at 8:39 pm

Nancy, you’ve got a major problem there I’d say, but you obviously know that 🙄

I run the same machine but with solvent inks.

I’m happy to help out if I can, but getting it today may be a big ask seeing as I’m in qld…. Can I print the file for you?

The fact that it is only printing 1 colour would indicate to me that perhaps your pumps are the problem. How long have you had the machine? The pumps may have an air leak too. Had all three of mine developed leaks in the same day 12 months ago.

Not an easy fix, worse this time of year.

I’m taking the family out for the day, but I’m happy to go into work tonight to get the job done if it suits you, but freighting it down to you may take a day or so.

Let me know.

sms me on 0419 722 199 if you wish,

• Nancy Wannous

December 28, 2005 at 9:16 pm

Hi Shane,
    I was up all night trying to fix it.
    I had this one for 8 months it was fine . The job was due today at 11am. Thank you very much for giving me an idea on what going on .

I am still waiting for the service people to come and have a look at it.

The machine is still new. And Roland provide a free service after six month the machine is still on eco sol ink , I didn’t change over yet to eco sol max.

I guess i have a lot of explaining to do for my client.

Thank you very much guys for everything.

Nancy

• Shane Drew

December 28, 2005 at 9:32 pm

your pumps should have been checked at 6 months Nancy.

The service co here contact all roland clients @ 6 months and come out free to do the first check.

You’ll probably find that is the problem then.

Sorry I can’t help you any better….

• Nancy Wannous

December 28, 2005 at 9:37 pm

That’s ok Shane All i did when i gave up i swear-ed a little well not really i swear ed a lottttt.I do know they O me one free service that’s why they are taking ages to come.At least now i can see my client and go and have nightmares till 4pm.lol