Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Help using sp300v as a vinyl cutter only

• Help using sp300v as a vinyl cutter only

Posted by Tony robinson on August 11, 2018 at 9:05 am

Hi just looking for some help with my roland sp300v i have a roland cx24 which has just started with the motor error problem i have
    all my files are saved as cst as i mainly use cut studio i wanted to use the sp300v to cut only till the cx24 is fixed.

i have had a look around i found a post someone managed to do with with just cut studio and no versaworks but he just says he "fiddled about with it" and it worked another person said you need the cut only driver from the sp300 which i cant seem to find online apart from one shady site which sets my anti virus off

i have two driver options in cut studio properties (sp300v-VW ) which send it to versaworks then when i select cut only all the cut lines dissapear

all can seem to do is get it to print the lines and the other is just (sp300v) which does nothing when i hit cut

i have tried changing the cut colour to pink and the red perfered cut colour but im still really new to the sp300v

im sure its just something i am doing wrong

have any of you used cut studio with your sp300v ? Any advice or help on getting it sorted will be much appreciated

Andrew Weaver replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Andrew Weaver

August 11, 2018 at 9:25 am

Hi Tony,
    Sorry don’t use cut studio however to create a cut line for versaworks it has to be a spot colour and also has to be named CutContour with the capital C’s 🙂
    Hope that helps