Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions General Sign Topics Help, STOLEN Mutoh 1304 and Lecai 750 West Midlands UK

• Help, STOLEN Mutoh 1304 and Lecai 750 West Midlands UK

Posted by Jen Austin on October 2, 2014 at 12:47 am

Hi all,

I’ve experienced the worst possible scenario this evening. My unit has been broken into and the Mutoh VJ1304E has gone, they also took a Lecai 750 (Encad/Novajet type), computers, rolls of vinyl and a chunk of my media.

I’m literally a one-woman band, I built the business up on my own and some low-life does this to me.

So, over the next few weeks/months if anyone hears of either of the 2 being offered I’d be really grateful if you cold give me the nod.

They’ve essentially put me out of business but I fought to get this far and i’m not going to give up fighting, I will build it all back up again and I vow they’ll never get the chance to do this amount of damage to my business ever again.

If anyone has heard of similar thefts recently I’d like to pass the info over to the Police, maybe there’s a link.

I can’t tell you how I’m feeling at the moment, but gutted doesn’t come close. Insurance was just about to go through as well – sods law.

Alex Pirozek replied 9 years, 7 months ago 17 Members · 26 Replies
  • 26 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

October 2, 2014 at 1:00 am

Really sorry to hear this Jen, I hope you get back on your feet quickly.
    I will be sure to let you know should i hear anything at all.

all the best!

• Cheryl Smith

October 2, 2014 at 6:34 am

thats terrible…such low lifes. If you post serial numbers if you got them too it would help track them

• Raymond Doyle

October 2, 2014 at 7:26 am

Thats awful Jen, I would be trying to get as many local businesses to share this info on social media as possible, ask in local pubs etc, maybe even contact your local radio station or newspaper and obviously watch for any "new" sign companies suddenly appearing.
    Wishing you well,

• Graham Shand

October 2, 2014 at 9:02 am

Very sorry to hear about the break in, that’s rotten luck, we had a similar thing occur last week, and now it’s costing a fortune to soup up security, it’s the times we live in , but stick with it and good luck for the future.

• Andrew Weaver

October 2, 2014 at 9:54 am

OMG, that’s a horrible thing to dicover when you get to work.
    I really hope that they get caught and shot !! (:)
    Keep an eye on ebay, gumtree and all other sites just incase.
    Hope that insurance gives you a little something back to enable to get the ball rolling again.

• Harry Cleary

October 2, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Awful! 😮
    You have a pair of eyes and ears in Ireland.

• John Singh

October 2, 2014 at 2:53 pm

I’m feeling for you

I’ll try and keep my eyes posted

What will you do in the meantime?
    Can you raise income in other ways or was this your sole means?

• Jen Austin

October 3, 2014 at 8:41 am

Just had the serial numbers come through

Mutoh VJ 1304 E Serial No: FJ5E00534 – according to one of the guys I’ve been taking to, the "E" isn’t so common.
    The machine has other unique characteristics that I can ID it from even if they somehow manage to erase the serial number

Lecai 750 – No serial number – but it was chinese and its loss won’t have an impact to be fair.

CT630H Cutter – Serial 57BE70V

Thanks all – am going to post CCTV on facebook Shire Oak Signs and Graphics and my personal one "Jen Austin"

• George Elsmore

October 3, 2014 at 9:09 am

Jen, shared your facebook post with the serial numbers quite local to you so hope this gets around

G

• John McCormick

October 3, 2014 at 10:16 am

Really sorry to hear this, I have a spare 610 plotter that you are more than welcome to borrow if that helps at all?

• Jen Austin

October 5, 2014 at 6:53 pm
    quote John McCormick:

Really sorry to hear this, I have a spare 610 plotter that you are more than welcome to borrow if that helps at all?

Thanks John, that’s really kind of you. I’d luckily just had an old creation plotter repaired so I’m ok for vinyl signage.

• Stafford Cox

October 5, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Really sorry to hear this Jen. What part of the country are you in?

In my part of the industry, I’m often offered parts of machines that are being broken for spares. I’ll certainly keep my ears open for anything.

Best of luck getting back on your feet again.

Stafford

• Jen Austin

October 5, 2014 at 7:24 pm
    quote Stafford Cox:

Really sorry to hear this Jen. What part of the country are you in?

In my part of the industry, I’m often offered parts of machines that are being broken for spares. I’ll certainly keep my ears open for anything.

Best of luck getting back on your feet again.

Stafford

Hi, my unit is on the Staffordshire/West Midlands border.

The Mutoh will almost certainly pop up for a repair or parts as it was tipped sideways when they stuffed it into the back of the car. There was ink all over the car park from it. Plus they left the ink waste bottle behind, hopefully it’ll bleed solvent ink all over the place for them.

Have contacted Tim at Time2maintain – (who had worked on the Mutoh for me previously) and asked him to put the word about to any guys he knows in the industry.

Had a little more into come in about them today, if the CCTV is as it should be we’ll have a couple of faces to put round amongst other things 🙂

The Lecai was little more than a glorified desktop printer so that won’t probably turn up on an engineer’s table anywhere.

• Stafford Cox

October 5, 2014 at 7:52 pm

I know Tim quite well, and the more people like him who can put the word around, the better. I’m sure he’ll do the same but I’ll also mention to all the freelance guys about it hopefully we’ll get you some info of the scumbags.

• Jen Austin

October 5, 2014 at 8:00 pm
    quote Stafford Cox:

I know Tim quite well, and the more people like him who can put the word around, the better. I’m sure he’ll do the same but I’ll also mention to all the freelance guys about it hopefully we’ll get you some info of the scumbags.

Yes, he’s a really nice guy isn’t he? The Mutoh was originally sitting outside Hexis for the tat man, I begged them to let me rescue it and Tim got it back up and running again for me – At least I haven’t got a machine I’m still paying for, that’s one consolation.

• Jen Austin

October 5, 2014 at 8:41 pm

I wanted to thank all of you for your words of comfort and support. It means so much. xx

• Martin Pearson

October 5, 2014 at 11:21 pm

It’s never nice when things like this happen, I’ve had a few unpleasant thinks happen to me over the years but at least you have the right sort of attitude.
    Good to hear that you already have some of your work covered, best of luck sorting out the rest.

• Neil Davey

October 6, 2014 at 8:07 am

Sorry to hear that Jen, I’ll keep a lookout here for anything that appears dodgy.

• John Harding

October 6, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Sorry to hear from me too 😥

• Alex Pirozek

October 6, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Sorry to hear about the news, I’ll keep a eye out in the east midlands.
    Keep a look out on Ebay and others s as it might pop up….you never know?

A quick tip that I use (not sure if it’s well known) is to use a RSS reader (outlook 2003 on has this as standard – Pre Outlook 2003 you can use "RSS Popper" add on.

Simply execute what you want to search for on ebay, then copy the URL in the address bar, then add “&_rss=1” at the end. Without the quotes, of course. The result is a feed that you can paste into your Google Reader or other RSS reader, easier that to keep looking and checking. It used to be a feature on there but was taken off a while ago,

I use this quite a lot as you get instant feeds as soon as any item you searched for gets listed and comes in to your inbox (great if you find you’re missing out all the time on something you need.

Cheers,
    Alex.

• Jen Austin

October 6, 2014 at 11:40 pm
    quote Alex Pirozek:

A quick tip that I use (not sure if it’s well known) is to use a RSS reader (outlook 2003 on has this as standard – Pre Outlook 2003 you can use “RSS Popper” add on.

Simply execute what you want to search for on ebay, then copy the URL in the address bar, then add “&_rss=1” at the end. Without the quotes, of course. The result is a feed that you can paste into your Google Reader or other RSS reader, easier that to keep looking and checking. It used to be a feature on there but was taken off a while ago,

I use this quite a lot as you get instant feeds as soon as any item you searched for gets listed and comes in to your inbox (great if you find you’re missing out all the time on something you need.

Cheers,
    Alex.

Thanks for the tip Alex, am going to try and give that a go – have got "followed searches" on ebay and gumtree. Have also emailed every parts and repairs company I could find on google.

My plan is to "nag" it back i.e. hopefully we can all make it too hot to handle, scrap merchants are next on my emailing nag-a-thon 😛

• David Rogers

October 7, 2014 at 1:27 am

I got that sinking feeling friday morning as I had to do a site visit on my way to work…get a phone call from a workman at the building site across the street "hey mate, your alarm is going off and one of your windows is open".

Turns out, after a panicked drive to the shop that one of the motion sensors had been triggered by a bit of vinyl offcut falling off the shelf and the window had been left ajar by the last person to leave.

We’re pretty secure with various alarms, internal locked doors and shutters but didn’t exactly get my day off to a good start! Properly pooped myself!

Hope you get it sorted or replaced quick.

Dave

• Jen Austin

October 7, 2014 at 1:33 am

I’m really not trying to alarm you but… a few weeks ago we had a call that our alarm was going off. We attributed it to some thing falling too as nothing was a-miss.

Be careful and a big kick up the bum for the person leaving the window open.

Have been looking at trackers on ebay. Apparently they’re about £30 and the size of a matchbox. Charge can last for days and it works by responding to a text you send it with co-ordinates of it’s location.

I’m convinced this is a must have when I collect my replacement printer next week.

• Martin Pearson

October 7, 2014 at 9:11 am

If you are thinking of putting some sort of tracker on your new printer then get the engineer who installs it to put it on somewhere not visible to the naked eye like inside one of the covers.
    Guessing anyone who steals stuff on a regular basis will have a quick look around the outside for something stuck on.

• Tracey Vaughan

October 7, 2014 at 7:49 pm

So sorry to hear about this, will keep eyes open,

• Alex Pirozek

October 7, 2014 at 8:38 pm
    quote :

Alex Pirozek wrote:

A quick tip that I use (not sure if it’s well known) is to use a RSS reader (outlook 2003 on has this as standard – Pre Outlook 2003 you can use “RSS Popper” add on.

Cheers,
    Alex.

Just realised that they have made it harder to collect a feed from your search results, as well as adding the &_rss=1 at the end of the link you also need to add "rss" after the sch/ in the link address to make it able to pull the feed out of ebay.
    Should start something like
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rss/ (and the rest)

Hope this helps.
    Alex.