Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Help sourcing Roland Versacamm SP 300 parts in the UK

• Help sourcing Roland Versacamm SP 300 parts in the UK

Posted by Lloyd Morgan on February 7, 2015 at 11:29 am

hope you guys can help
    where in the Uk can i get an encoder strip compatible with a an sp300?
    i’m sure it is the strip or maybe the sensor
    i’m randomly getting 0 mm width reading when setting up the pinch rollers the are approximately 700mm apart if i keep retrying it will then pick up eventually. sometime half way through a print it starting goes very blurry. i have wiped down the encoder strip with IPA and turned it over which has helped but still i get this random issue.

please help thanks

Daniel Sissons replied 9 years, 2 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Chris Wool

February 7, 2015 at 1:38 pm

you could try

http://www.vts-service.co.uk/

roland UK do a parts service

and digiprint Belgium excellent delivery service

• Lloyd Morgan

February 7, 2015 at 1:50 pm

thanks Chris

• Stafford Cox

February 8, 2015 at 5:49 pm

I’m not sure if you can go to Roland direct, but most official parts distributors can supply to the general public.

The part you need is:
    21475149-00 – SHEET,LINEAR SCALE SP-300
    Roland list price £170.17 + delivery + VAT.

Don’t forget, you can turn those encoder strips upside down if you’re desperate!!

Stafford.

• Graeme Dingwall

February 8, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Hi,

I’ve just had the exact same problem and I knew it wasn’t the encoder as I changed mine last year

I don’t think it uses the encoder for measuring the vinyl as the encoder reader is on the print head which is stationary when media is loaded.

Anyway I think my problem was caused by the ribbon cable from the cut carriage to the main board. I just changed it and all seems good now.

Graeme

• Cat Wood

February 9, 2015 at 11:15 am

Hi Graeme,

As an authorised dealer we are able to source this product for you. You will find this with your standard Roland dealer too 😀

I hope you manage to get it sorted!

Cat.

• Daniel Sissons

February 20, 2015 at 2:26 pm

You can Try Digi-print Supplies , they have them listed they are based outside UK but with Next Day Delivery