Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters help please identifing old Graphtec FC-2100 90-A plotter?

• help please identifing old Graphtec FC-2100 90-A plotter?

Posted by Tonete on March 25, 2007 at 7:45 pm

Hello, I need someone with a god hearth, and a FC-2100, 90, 60 or anyone that comes with the same main boards than Graphtec FC-2100 90-A.

My matter is that one chip, or what it be, have been removed from the plotter, and I cannot buy one because I do not know the component code.

I have tried a lot, but still nothing, so I casually saw this web, and Içm trying to get the miracle, cause I need it working, and cannot buy one new at the moment, so please, make a little effort if u can help me with this.

I made a photo to show the lost element´s location, number 1, and maybe I need to know the 2 and 3 elements, cause I remember a technician telling me that maybe I need tree elements at same time. There is a picture of the main board.

I`m Spanish, from Tenerife, Canary Islands, and my English texts are not so good, so sorry for grammatical and vocabulary.

Regards.

Attachments:

Tonete replied 17 years ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Tonete

March 26, 2007 at 11:02 am

I don`t know if pictures are ok, so I put links to them.

Thanks and regards.

http://perso.wanadoo.es/e/antphoenix/1.JPG
    http://perso.wanadoo.es/e/antphoenix/lost.JPG

• Shane Drew

March 26, 2007 at 11:12 am

Hi mate, welcome to the boards.

Easiest thing is to ring Graphtec, and quote the IC number printed beside the chip.

Chips 2 & 3 are Eproms and will need to be re-burnt, so you need to also tell them the version number that is on the foil sticker.

Unlikely they need to be replaced, but it may be worthwhile as they probably have a new revision anyway.

If #1 is a proprietary chip, you have to buy it from Graphtec anyway, so you may as well ring them directly.

Just my thoughts anyway.

• Tonete

March 26, 2007 at 11:21 am

Many thanks for the information Shane Drew.

I will try it by phone, but I tried with an email and they never told me anything.

Regards.

• Shane Drew

March 26, 2007 at 11:24 am
    quote Tonete:

Many thanks for the information Shane Drew.

I will try it by phone, but I tried with an email and they never told me anything.

Regards.

Graphtec never answer emails here in Australia either. Must be a company policy or something

All the best with it anyway.. 😛

• Tonete

March 26, 2007 at 2:51 pm

Hello again.

The official dealer in Spain told me that Graphtec is not giving support to these old models, so they told me that I need to get somebody who got one, and all I need is to make a copy of it (firmware) in a similar component at any electronic shop. I think that there are no plotters like this in the island where I`m living, so I feel so lost.

I will pay double or more of cost if anyone helps me with it, or maybe anyone got one FC 2100 for selling with another matter or not.

Regards.

• Tonete

April 28, 2007 at 9:10 pm

Anyone who got a FC 2100 plotter, should make copies of these three components, because those are the most important pieces on the plotter, and the most dificult to get.

If you make the copies, please make other for me, and I pay mine and yours, and postage here.

regards