Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Help needed with VS-640i network issues.

• Help needed with VS-640i network issues.

Posted by John Mackenzie on July 24, 2014 at 8:57 am

I have a VS-640i and I have network problems.

Yesterday it wasn’t connecting at all, either through our normal set-up (VS connected directly into the wireless router) or by plugging it into one of the PC’s.

Well this morning everything seemed to have fixed itself and was running fine but now in VW it is showing as connected and will RIP but then sits on 0% printing and nothing happens. Also I can do a Printer Status and see ink levels, media width, etc but Printer Settings is greyed out?

I’m confused and currently waiting for Roland to ring back but I desperately need this printer working asap…

Thanks in advance for any help…

Simon Coff replied 9 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Simon Coff

July 24, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Hi John,

Have you managed to get this sorted yet?

The first thing I’d suggest is to ping the name of the printer to see if there is a connection at all. To do this, go to start on your pc, search and type "CMD", once you’ve done this a black window should come up, type "ipconfig" then "Ping 192.168.1.100" (insert your own printer ip which can be found under the menu of the printer or by double clicking on the printer icon in Versaworks.)

If this comes back with a reply then you know that there is a connection between your pc and printer…

If the connection is ok, you should initialise versaworks.
    Go into Versaworks in the start menu and click initialise. This will mean your Versaworks basically does a reset so you will lose the preferences etc.

Let me know how you get on,
    Simon