Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Roland Printers Help needed, Roland PC600 stops printing?

• Help needed, Roland PC600 stops printing?

Posted by Kelly Hartle on October 15, 2011 at 4:48 pm

HI please look at my attachment i have a roland pc600 and when i print it stop half way trough im using flexi 8.1 on printing somthing small as you see is ok but as more data there is the less it prints, i am new to all this and need a little help, oh by the way when it cuts its fine, but not sure that is becuse theres less data?????????

thanks
    kel

:police: Mod-Edit
    * Please use "Descriptive Topic Titles" when posting.
    * This posts Title has now been edited.

Please take a moment to look over our Board Rules.

Attachments:

Alex Pirozek replied 12 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Chris Wool

October 15, 2011 at 6:58 pm

My guess would be the file is poor i don’t think its the printer.
    You could convert it to a bit map then print it or try the proper rip for the printer.

• Alex Pirozek

October 15, 2011 at 8:09 pm

As Chris says’s, it looks like the file is suspect. Try printing a few squares or shapes in various sizes as a test with spot colours. If they print fine then all should be OK on other prints as well.
    Also not sure on what vinyl that is in your picture but if it’s chrome or metalised type be wary that it will also give inconsistent results based on what colour your’re printing with.
    Try good quality white vinyl for testing.
    Al.

• Kelly Hartle

October 16, 2011 at 9:27 am

Yeah tried 3 different images and all the same? Just stops half way through unless its really small???

• Chris Wool

October 16, 2011 at 10:39 am

those type of clip art pics are prone to disaster and the magenta has stopped at the same place as the yellow in the larger one.
    convert it to a bitmap and try again or view it in wire frame and you will probably see a line from the ear going down.
    as alex says print 4 500x10mm strips across the printer to test CMYK
    if they are fine then the printer is doing what its told.

unless you know better use the driver rip that was designed for the printer can save a lot of hassle

• Kelly Hartle

October 16, 2011 at 11:30 am

Just tried printing a jpeg photo and same result I’ve tried using different vinyls and same result could it be my cable?

• Alex Pirozek

October 18, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Depends on the cable and i print via Coreldraw and use the standard Roland XP printer driver (RWD-038)
    I also run a Belkin usb to parallel cable then onto a 5m usb repeater extension lead. No problems at all but when printing i do not use the PC for anything else and just let it finish the print and cut job.
    Also make sure the cartridges have the correct barcode labels on them as the PC-60 and PC-600 are different.
    If printing a raster file (i.e jpg/ bmp etc) then it should only ask for the CMYK cartridges to be installed.
    If printing spot colours then you need to use the correct colour pallette values in your design. I believe the pallete is called userinks.cpl or you could create a new one with the following values that will work.

Colour palette settings for PC600 and Corel Draw

Red = 255-0-0
    Green = 0-255-0
    Blue = 0-0-128
    Cyan = 0-255-255
    Magenta = 255-0-255
    Yellow = 255-255-0
    Orange = 255-128-0
    Black = 0-0-0
    White = 255-255-255
    Gold = 128-128-0
    Silver = 128-128-128