Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters help needed please with Graphtec CE3000 Mk2 & Corel X3?

• help needed please with Graphtec CE3000 Mk2 & Corel X3?

Posted by Alex Pirozek on October 31, 2006 at 8:42 pm

I’m obviously lost now with this simple operation and cant seem to get my head round it and need some help with my brain fade.
    I trying to contour cut around some logos that have been printed on some vinyl.
    I need a dummies guide to do this, I’ve printed on to sheet with registration marks with Corel X3 and a hairline square around the logo.
    I then put the sheet into my Graphtec CE3000 Mk2. Once it finds the sheet size I go back in to Corel and select the outlines, go to the file menu then print and choose my cutter from the list. This opens up ce3000 controller and in there I select read reg marks after I’ve moved to the point on the cutter. This reads the marks and then stops on the bottom left reg mark in the corner. I then click on cut and it cuts the outline in a different place on the sheet. It looks like it uses the origin point from the bottom of the sheet and not on the corner of the reg mark. I can’t seem to find a way to change this in the controller settings or the origin point. It’s as if I need to start from the sheet origin point and not the reg mark point. It’s obviously something simple but I can’t seem to find it.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

Alex.
    😳

Alex Pirozek replied 17 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jeffus – Graphtec

November 1, 2006 at 10:26 am

Hi Alex,

There should be a PDF with a guide to print and cut installed when you install the Graphtec software,

on your computer go to your programs and under CE3000Mk2 there is the controller and a few PDF’s one of them is the one,

It could be that you need to select top left before you go to print this makes the regi mark your origin point , otherwise you will get an offset ,

cheers

Jeff

• Alex Pirozek

November 1, 2006 at 7:10 pm

I have the PDF’s that you mention but the more i looked at them the more brain fade i had. I started with a cleared head tonight and it looks like all it was i wasnt disabling the black pen output (as i have black in the design) and also not setting the layout properties in the printer options. It still did a few silly things but i just made sure i checked the settings every time i go to cut and it seems consistent.
    Hopefully it is sorted now and thanks for you help again,

Alex