Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions CNC Router and Engraving Help needed Engraving Large Pieces on a EGX300

• Help needed Engraving Large Pieces on a EGX300

Posted by Tim Lucas on October 6, 2006 at 9:22 pm

I need info or a procedure to engrave a long 100mm x 500mm piece on an EGX300 when the bed size is only 300 wide and 200 deep.

I did notice two knock out plates at the sides of the machine obviously for taking in pieces way wider that the bed…

However I don’t seem to be able to get it to work. I’m using Engrave-lab7 Pro to drive the EGX.

Unfortunately the suppliers of my machine don’t have a clue how I do this, If anyone could help I’d be delighted.

Thanks,

Timmy

Fred McLean replied 17 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Fred McLean

October 7, 2006 at 8:50 am

Timmy

I think what you need to do if the machine has clearance at the back is to bluff the machine into thinking your doing a few signs(2 x 200mm x 200mm.1×100 x 200)Make sure you have a perpindicular datum for moving the panel once it has finished 1st "panel"make a mark on both machine and panel and then move it 200 mm (or whatever is easiest if there is a natural split in any wording)you don’t want to be engraving through a word!!!Hope this makes sense and helps a bit