Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions HP Printers Help! HP 5000 Cropping the print?

• Help! HP 5000 Cropping the print?

Posted by Paul Munford on June 4, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Hi All,
    Our canon ipf recently packed up and I have bought a second user HP DesignJet 5000 to get us out of trouble for the near future.
    When I send a file to print the printer wont print the complete print and seems to crop the end of the image on the last 20mm or so and a little off the left hand side of the print?
    I am using Shiraz V 6.60 on Win XP Pro and connected via jetdirect network cable
    The only way I can get a full print is to ask the rip to print 2 off of the same image in tandem then cancel the print when the second one starts to print and I then have a full length print! even so this is still not quite the right width.
    Is there a setting I am missing? margins perhaps?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated (and desperately needed)
    Paul.

Callum Holmes replied 13 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Paul Munford

June 7, 2010 at 9:44 am

Having done a lot of searches on the web I believe the correct expression is "truncated"

• Callum Holmes

July 28, 2010 at 8:26 am

hi paul,

i’m new to this site and came across it while trying to find a sollution to this cropping issue that your having.

I have just upgraded shiraz and am having the same problem, did you manage to sort it? shiraz are not being very helpful.

many thanks

callum

• Paul Munford

July 28, 2010 at 1:35 pm

I changed the margin settings on the server to – left 7mm, right 7mm, top 7mm and bottom 35mm. This seems to work ok and has stopped the print from cropping.
    I know what you mean about Shiraz not being very helpful, most of there email address’s bounce back and to get any sort of tech help can take a long time.(usually when you dont have any!)

• Callum Holmes

July 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm

hi rob

cheers for the reply, we recieved a fix from shiraz this morning and it works, you just have to swap a file over in the shiraz program.

send me an email to mod-edit please read board rules and I will send you the email I got from Mo at shiraz this morning, my version is 6.7 so not sure if it will work with yours, but it will give you the details of who to speak to at shiraz to get it sorted.

• Callum Holmes

July 28, 2010 at 2:19 pm

sorry I meant paul!