Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers hello some more questions jv3 750 sp2 – rip info required

• hello some more questions jv3 750 sp2 – rip info required

Posted by Steve Maple on December 4, 2013 at 10:33 am

1. do I gather I cannot purchase rasterlink 5 – as it doesn’t use a dongle, so the jv3 cannot unlock the license info
    2. do I need rasterlink pro 3 with a dongle/hasp key – wiuth the license info on that
    3. I am about to fill the printer with ink for the first time I have owned it to do a test print, can I simply turn it on each day and do a test print so as not to leave ink drying in the heads.
    4. got 3 dx4’s from a epson 10600, do I simply blow what water based ink is left in them out, and then swap the solvent manifolds on and fit, or do I need to fit the solvent manifolds, then put some solvent cleaner through before fitting?

IF for example, I do not use the machine for a month or so, do i simply remove the complete head and flush it out ….

5. am I amble to use a vista 64 bit machine with its on board fire-wire port, to run rasterlink ‘3’ with the dongle – does the machine itself switch to 32 bit mode whilst running the program?

what was the latest and thus better jv3 rip?

ii have seen the online pic of the printer list for rasterlink pro 5 and the jv3 sp is listed, but how then do you run it, do I then need a dongle from an earlier version
    thing is there is a version of ‘5’ for sale – should I buy it?
    shirley if it appers in the lists it ‘should’ work, so, can I use rasterlink pro 5 without a hasp key on a jv3

Stafford Cox replied 10 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Stafford Cox

December 4, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I can’t help you with the Rasterlink questions as all the Mimaki’s I’ve installed have been with Shiraz.

The printer will fire itself up and clean the pumps out every 4 hours by default (this is changeable on the SP). Ideally it will need to have a small print run through it every couple of days, the worst thing you can do is leave it idle for too long. There is a daily maintenance routine that should be followed which includes cleaning the capping station and around the heads. I would say if it’s to be left for longer than about 2 weeks, you should at LEAST empty it, preferably flush it. If you’re likely to be leaving you machine idle for a month at a time, maybe you should be looking at a water based machine or even eco solvent…??

As for fitting water based 10600 heads to a solvent printer, you will need to replace the manifold and gasket and then flush about 100ml of mild solvent or pre fill solution through the assembled unit, via a damper ideally. As I mentioned in your last post about it though, there’s no guarantee it will work. Some do, some don’t. Also, the calibrations (slant/unit/Y base and electrical) need to be very accurate on a JV3, more so than on Roland machines of that age.

Good luck
    Stafford