Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions Mimaki Printers Having a couple of problems with my Mimaki JV3-160sp

• Having a couple of problems with my Mimaki JV3-160sp

Posted by Josh Steenbergen on March 13, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I am currently running a Mimaki JV3-160sp. The rip software is production house 7. My first question is I am trying to run maching at 720×720 4 pass. It runs well then all of a sudden its like the magenta is starving for ink. and then goes light. Look at pic provided.

My second question is I will be running then all of a sudden printer stops and say something about y-current. I have cleaned the bar that the printhead goes on and oiled it real good. Then when I go to the encoder it only goes a quarter of the way and still says y- current. I was wondering would weather affect both of these questions. It is kinda cold in the building I am in. the is not humidity to little. Didn’t know if this played a factor too.

thanks in advance

Attachments:

Stafford Cox replied 11 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • John Malone

March 14, 2013 at 11:56 am

Josh,

I’ve just had the problem with the y-current message (no error number).

I hadn’t used the printer for a couple of weeks (no work!), but it was still powered up and still wasting ink.

I found that the problem was that the area around the capping station was gummed up with dried ink.

I gave it a good clean and the problem has now gone away.

John

• Stafford Cox

March 14, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Y current is where the head assy loses its position on the carriage. If you’ve cleaned the bar thoroughly and oiled it lightly, then it could be time for new bushings, or even a Y motor fault!!?

The magenta dropping out is difficult to comment on from your pictures. Is it dropping out in a uniform manner or random? Can you post a better picture?

Stafford

• Josh Steenbergen

March 14, 2013 at 9:13 pm

I think I fixed the ink starvation problem. Now I am have a new problem with these cmy vertical lines (you can see the yellow lines better, but if you zoom in you see the other two colors). The weird thing is its only in that one spot. The rest of the print looks ok. It’s only on the left side of the print as you looking at machine and nowhere else. Is this from print head calibrations. If so, what part of the calibration part is out.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:

• Josh Steenbergen

March 14, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Anybody know prob on second pic. Thanks

• Stafford Cox

March 20, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Yep, probably encoder strip…..??

Stafford