Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Roland Cutters has anyone done conversions with roland sc545?

• has anyone done conversions with roland sc545?

Posted by Phil Halling on October 5, 2005 at 4:55 pm

Hi all,
    just wanted any feedback from anybody using a Roland sc545 or variant thereof ie grenadier or ecojet or any other conversion out there.
    Had a lot of problems with ours wondering if it is general or have we got a "friday afternoon" machine?.

Adrian Hewson replied 18 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Chris Wool

October 5, 2005 at 5:07 pm
    quote :

Had a lot of problems with ours

like what

chris

• Phil Halling

October 5, 2005 at 5:12 pm

nozzles not firing, fuses blowing on circuit boards,have had boards,heads, dampers changed and the machine is not yet 6 months old.
    Our suppliers engineer has had his phone diverted here and we are on our suppliers “FRIENDS AND FAMILY” phone discounts.Oh and we are still down at the moment.

• Chris Wool

October 5, 2005 at 5:17 pm

oh dear that is bad. is it a modified one or direct from roland.

• Phil Halling

October 5, 2005 at 5:19 pm

Modified to full solvent

• Chris Wool

October 5, 2005 at 5:33 pm

i feel for you but as it is modified its down to your supplier.
    as a note my soljet pro 2 nearly 3 years old now when new would not cut small circles correctly and after 3 visits it was swapped out for a new one. thank you Roland perhaps your supplier should change yours ? are you naming them. i could have a guess.

chris

• Phil Halling

October 5, 2005 at 5:36 pm

I can’t name them at the moment as we are still talking – just.
    But I will say thier name is synonamous with sucess, beating the opponent, winning the game etc.

• Chris Wool

October 5, 2005 at 5:44 pm

and i would have been correct. but that dont fix the problem.

i could be corrected but you should give them a reasonable date to have completely fixed all issues or your money back.

good luck

chris

• Adrian Hewson

October 5, 2005 at 9:03 pm

There is an issue in the marketplace down to a manufacturer of inks, for legal reasons I cannot say more. (mod-edit) admin@uksignboards.com and I will discuss “without prejudice”

We have recently moved to B&P Lightbrigade

Regards Adrian