Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Has anybody used Mactac 8900pro on walls?

• Has anybody used Mactac 8900pro on walls?

Posted by Warren Beard on February 10, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Hi All

I have another wall graphic to do and need a colour in the Mactac range because others are not dark enough, but it’s a semi-permanent adhesive so am worried it won’t last.

Has anybody used it on walls before or what are your opinions using this?

Alternatively I need to find a supplied or stocks maybe the 8300pro range in a Matt finish as my current supplier doesn’t 😕

cheers

Warren

Warren Beard replied 13 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Gareth Hankinson

February 10, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Hi mate,

Speaking from my past experiences i wouldnt go there with the 8900 mactac range onto walls, it was hard enough getting 9800 to stay on a school wall i did recently with loads of text.

Ive been back 3 times to replace letters but this is mainly down to kids picking at them. When they went on i thought they wouldnt last but after a week or so when i returned they had taken well.

As for 8300 the only people i know who do this is Pyramid Display and probably Amari. Ive only ever used this on short term exhibition signage.

• Paul Munford

February 10, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Hi mate…we do loads of wall vinyls using either metamark or x-film, both have a good matt range.

• Simon Hulme

February 10, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I don’t think the semi permanent adhesive would work. I used it to decorate a hall for a Christmas party as they didn’t want it to damage the paint. Thought it’d be OK for one night but apparently it was falling off by the end of the party!

• Warren Beard

February 10, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys, looks like I will steer clear of it and try find a supplier who has the perm adhesive range.

thanks guys

Warren