Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Off Topic Chat Happy New Year to all rock on 2017

• Happy New Year to all rock on 2017

Posted by Unknown Member on January 1, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Hey Guys,

Firstly a Happy New year to you all, I hope you guys are not to delicate after the New Year celebrations… :shocked:

Over the last few years UKSB has become a great place to network about all kinds of things, and I would personally like to take a moment to Thank Rob Lambie on such a fantastic job he does with it all. I know he spends a lot of time developing the boards and 2016 has been a testament to his hard work and vision…

As many of us are sat here a couple of days before we all go back to work and the start of 2017 kicks in I thought it would be a great idea to start a post on what everyone is planning to do on their return and what the plans are for 2017?

It’s always great to see what everyone is up to…

Stephen Morriss replied 7 years, 4 months ago 10 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Iain George

January 1, 2017 at 4:48 pm

I am making a proper go at getting my one man band up and running rather than working for someone else and trying to fit in my private jobs. I will become a full member here soon as I may need lots of advice to get me going fully.
    All the best to you all in 2017
    Iain

• Unknown Member

January 1, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Iain I would highly recommend full membership…it will probably pay for itself with one piece of advice or a simple lightbulb moment!

• Graeme Dingwall

January 1, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Similar to Iain, left my full time employment at the end of December and now going to build up my own stuff. Online and locally hopefully.

Wish me luck [emoji16]

• Unknown Member

January 1, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Its great to see you guys are going at it alone times will be great and times will also be difficult, the key is to stay consistent and keep going.

You do something long enough you become good at it.

• Graeme Dingwall

January 1, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Your right James I said to one of my mates the other day there is only one person that can makes this work and it’s me. Like you pay will be hard to start with as I have a small customer base. I’ll make it work and be in touch with you if I need something bigger than I can do 🙂

• Phill Fenton

January 1, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Whilst cut vinyl and digital print is my bread and butter, I think I would like to develop a reputation for producing more elaborate signs using a combination of cnc and 3d printing, something I’ve been experimenting with but not actively pushed as yet.

• Unknown Member

January 1, 2017 at 11:48 pm

Sounds like a great idea Phill I really want to experiment with 3D printing myself but only as a hobby! I remember I came across 3D printing when I was in University back in 2000 and I remember the machine being about 200k for what you can now buy for a few thousand pounds. Can’t wait to see what interesting bits you come up with, I’ve always liked following your work and tutorials.

• Robert Lambie

January 2, 2017 at 3:01 am

2016 has been a great year for me… I do not mean hitting sales targets and the like, but more what i have achieved in restructuring my business on and off-line and setting the way for where I aim to be in the next 6 months time. I am firmly on track and actually ahead in some areas, which makes 2017 an exciting year for me and Can’t wait to get stuck into it! :bigsmile:

James, Thanks for the kind words mate. I think I can speak for many members of uksignboards and UK Sign Group for the level of service you and your team at Group101 provide. It really is second to none, yous always go the extra mile to keep us lot happy. So a BIG Thank you and I wish you and your family a very successful 2017.

The same applies to all our site traffic, the casual browser, our registered users, our advertisers and of course our actual members of the site, I wish you all the very best for 2017! :bigsmile:

• Duncan Wilkie

January 2, 2017 at 3:39 am

Last fall my hand lettering jobs were becoming more plentiful. I expect and look forward to more in the spring. ‘Still busy with architectural, wayfinding and dimensional projects.
    Happy New Year everyone.
    UKSB is still the best forum. Thanks Rob.

• David Hammond

January 2, 2017 at 9:09 am

2017 is going to see us focus more on signage and increase turnover there.

A few changes behind the scenes, with both long & short term plans to follow.

Thanks for the boards Rob, and the help & advice from everyone I never stop learning!

All the best for 2017!

• Ruel Maxwell

January 2, 2017 at 5:18 pm

I’ve been a one man band for a couple years had a turn down lost most of my customers due to my dad being sick so I had to dial back abit. I aim to restructure and rebrand my business so 2017 is looking really promising for me and I will be needing tons of advice so will become a full member shortly as well.

• Myles Brewer

January 4, 2017 at 1:14 am

2016 was a busy year for me with business generally returning post recession.
    After 13 yrs of outsourcing, finally made the decision to buy my own printer & laminator. I enjoy the challenge of learning to use new equipment, along with acquiring & honing new skills.
    Hoping 2017 will bring increased profits as a result.
    Best wishes & thanks to everyone on here, it really is an invaluable resource for every aspect of the sign business.

• Stephen Morriss

January 6, 2017 at 2:56 pm

Happy New Year.

We were very busy in 2016, hence never having time to log on here. I’m hoping for less work and more profit in 2017 😆

Steve