• graphtec fc 8000 / 8600

Posted by Shawn Bentley on June 16, 2015 at 7:47 pm

may be in market soon for a graphtec c8000/8600, if anyone heres of one up for sale could you post please cheers in advance,
    quick question, i run a xc 540 pro 111 roland, looking for advice if possible, i am looking to print on my roland then cut separately on the graphtec, do i still print the normal crop marks through versa works and will the graphtec recognise them? any advice appreciated cheers shawn

Shawn Bentley replied 8 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • David McDonald

June 16, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Hi

We have the 7000 model but guessing the process is the same.

We add the Graphtec marks in the design file – 2cm black crop marks on each corner with a 1mm stroke width (we have them set up as a template to quickly create any contour box size layout) . On the plotter you cursor position the the knife over one corner crop mark, tap in the expected size to the nearest 10mm (so after finding one crop mark it can fast wind towards the next mark rather than wandering along for ever trying to find the next mark when its still another 4m’s further on), choose the 4 corner marks option, and of it goes measuring – you then input the exact measurement it should have been and if there is any difference it accounts for any skew or differences in print length.

The above process only takes a minute or less and we have found the cutting accuracy to be superb.

We have Onyx alongside Versaworks (have Latex and Roland printers) and keep meaning to try using that to automatically add crop marks in the RIP for the Graphtec – we do that all the time when cutting on the Summa. We only have print Rolands, not print and cut, so not 100% sure on this but doubt whether Vesaworks has the ability to automatically add anything other than it’s own style of of marks.

If you do get a Graphtec then give me a shout and I can send through more details for you.

Cheers
    Macky

• Shawn Bentley

June 16, 2015 at 8:25 pm

thanks tacky that would be great and cheers for advice.