Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters GRAPHTEC FC-4210-60 – how to crease?

• GRAPHTEC FC-4210-60 – how to crease?

Posted by CUTAJAR JOSEPH on April 2, 2006 at 8:32 pm

Hi Folks,
    has anyone got a Graphtec FC-4210-60 Plotter/cutter? This plotter should cut and crease at the same time. Well I first create dxf file in BOXGEN where crease and cutting lines are originated, but when I import the dxf file in Signgo the creasing rules and the cutting rules are of same colour and will be cut with pen 1. Ok I managed to change colours eg. black for the cut and green for the crease, but unfortunately it will not crease only Pen one is operated. Any ideas of how to make the plotter do what it suppose to do. The same dxf file is loaded to a CRAFTROBO plotter/cutter and it does the job. Ok it Cuts but instead of crease it will perforate, this is because it has got one pen. Any soloutions.

CUTAJAR JOSEPH replied 18 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Shane Drew

April 3, 2006 at 7:11 am

I think there are some Graphtec Techies that log in from time to time, perhaps they will help mate…

• CUTAJAR JOSEPH

April 3, 2006 at 7:20 am

I will browse a little and check it out. For it has been Idle for a little time and it is about time I have it rolling.

Thank once again Shane

Joseph.

• jeffus – Graphtec

April 3, 2006 at 1:32 pm

Hello,

Set your colours for pen 1 and pen2 in the windows driver(OPS628)(to match your drawing) which are then conditions 1 and 2, on your machine in the menu system find pen assignment/ set up , set pen 1 to condition 1 and pen2 to condition 2,
    this should give you the cut and crease option you want.

Regards

Jeff

• CUTAJAR JOSEPH

April 3, 2006 at 2:26 pm

Hi Jeff,
    thank you for your advice. I will try it.
    As a matter of fact I did go to the the printer menu and went to the preferences part. I took a note of what colours in the assigment colour contents were and tried to set the colour of my dxf file accordingly. So I must have missed soething somewhere. Or could it be that signgo, since this software is for vinyle cutting is not able to do this kind of stuff.

Joseph.

• CUTAJAR JOSEPH

April 3, 2006 at 5:21 pm

Hi Jeff,
    I did all you mentioned before regarding assigment of color to pens etc.

I tried it several times but unfortunately it will not work with signgo. I was wondering if there is an adequate software that recognise and assign 2 pen setup.

What I find strange in Signgo is where the number for the pens ie the # sign is blank in the communication section within Signgo.

I tried ot communicate with Graphtec US and Japan, but all in vain. I got no answer.

If you have any Ideas you are more than welcome because this thing is driving me crazy.

Joseph.