Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec cutter help required – FC4100 and FC3100

• Graphtec cutter help required – FC4100 and FC3100

Posted by Martin Cole on December 7, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Hi all, had the above cutter for about 9 years now with no problems, now suddenly it’s all going pear shaped.

It started making knocking noises from under the grit rollers when vinyl was being passed through at speed, had a look and gave a good clean and are presuming the bearing has gone.

BUT it has started cutting very weirdly as pic below, large lettering not bad but small is totally deformed, I have never had to check the setting before although the small letters haven’t been great for a few months, little nicks and not joining correctly, is this the off cut setting or similar or anything to do with grit rollers???

I run it on a serial with S/lab 5, anyone any ideas? or had similar.

I have a spare FC 3100 -60 but can’t get this to work with the same PC. I have just read Georges previous post with a similar problem, does anyone know how to change from HP-GL to GP-GL on the cutter as I have loaded drivers from S/lab.

It’s driving me insane and having to cut on the VP540 which ain’t ideal

Any help much appreciaeted

Attachments:

Martin Cole replied 13 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jason Davies

December 7, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Rollers need replacing?

• Martin Cole

December 7, 2010 at 8:36 pm

probably do Jason, but wondering is this is causing it to cut like it does 🙁

• Jason Davies

December 7, 2010 at 8:42 pm

I had the same problem with my Roland a couple of years ago, £40 lighter and new rollers fitted and it was working fine.

• Frank Droog

December 7, 2010 at 8:48 pm

To change the language on the cutter, press
    pause
    next
    next

you can download the manual from graphtecusa website.
    just add the www bit and the .com bit

info you want is on page 7.3
    your signlab 5 should have both GPGL and HPGL graphtec drivers

• Martin Cole

December 7, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Thanks Jason , that’s probably answered my question 🙁

Frank thanks for that, I have got both drivers loaded on the PC, once I the cutter and PC driver matching should the thing work?? Although I have tried using HP and GP-GL from signlab but cutter either comes up Error 1 or another message which I can’t recall at the mo.

Martin