• graphtec ce5000-60

Posted by Ken 0 Flaherty on June 4, 2009 at 1:35 pm

guys im new to the board and am venturing into veichle lettering along with my current trade auto window tinting,im looking to buy a plotter and have been pricing around,cheapest quote ive got is 1200 pounds for a new machine or the same company who is an agent for graphtec have offered me a 4 years old fully serviced machine(same make model)with warranty for 600 euros my question is would this be a better buy or would the machine be clapped out so speak,any info appreciated 😀

Gordon Millar replied 14 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Gareth.Lewis

June 4, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Some of my ‘colleagues’ have commented over the years that these machines run and run and run and run (etc) for yeeeeeears with no hassle. I have one. Two year old nearly to the day and haven’t needed an engineer once (yet).

You could do alot worse. The warranty must be worth a bit on it own. Try haggling down a wee bit. Or just snap their hand off.

• Gordon Millar

June 8, 2009 at 7:59 am

Hi Ken,
    I just bought one of these cutters from Richard at Sign Master (good guy) with a little haggling i managed to get him down to £950. That includes a 2 year on-site warranty.

Give him a shout. it gets delivered within 24hours. 😛