Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec ce5000-60 problem loading vinyl spooling whole roll

• Graphtec ce5000-60 problem loading vinyl spooling whole roll

Posted by Peter Holt on October 25, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Been using my cutter quite happily all day, just changed vinyl for the umpteenth time today, and when i insert the vinyl then press ‘enter’ it reads the width, pulls it back to the cutting sensor (where it would normally stop), then starts feeding it all through the cutter…..

screen says sheet press enter, no errors on screen on computer or cutter but it will keep going till its ran through the whole roll unless i drop the bar to stop it..

any ideas what ive done and how i can stop it?

Martin Gray replied 12 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Denise Goodfellow

October 25, 2011 at 5:25 pm

hi

Change from sheet to roll on the display.

from memory so don`t hold me to it,…

Load material, if the word sheet comes up, press the arrow key until it changes to roll, other wise it will think its sheet material and hunt for the end…

oops just re read your post and my answer might not help, sorry.

• Colin Bland

October 25, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Im with denise i think your setting are wrong my plotter occasionally changes itself to sheet for no reason just change to roll 1 or roll 2 on up and down arrows

Colin

• Chris Wool

October 25, 2011 at 6:01 pm

plotter screen needs to say ROLL1 Rear set. not FRONT set, you touched a arrow key while setting up.
    put in vinyl clamp then press arrow key till it says rear set. then press enter as normal

• Peter Holt

October 25, 2011 at 6:21 pm

You were all completely correct, i should have guessed from the sheet on the display rather than the normal roll.

Im going to blame the wife, she loaded it up whilst i was playing in Corel and she probably interacted with the buttons when loading hehehe

• Daniel Evans

October 25, 2011 at 8:34 pm

You all beat me to it….

While your all talking about loading vinyl for the graphtec, how do you all put t-shirt vinyl in, most of the time it’s just rolled up without no core, if you rest it on the bars it just rips off and falls on the floor, this has bugged me for ages, what i do no is rest it on the floor but it’s not ideal.

• Chris Wool

October 25, 2011 at 8:37 pm

er put it on a old tube

• Daniel Evans

October 25, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Thanks but I’ve already thought about doing that but it’s time consuming when i change the vinyls over and i need to keep them rolled up like they are due to storage space.

• Denise Goodfellow

October 25, 2011 at 10:40 pm

we cut our t shirt vinyl on another cutter, but it sits on wooden shelf, the roll sits in between the rollers but does not fall through because of the shelf underneath….

so, why not make a removable tray that sits on the rollers and stops the t shirt vinyl falling through.

• Martin Gray

October 26, 2011 at 11:25 am

you could try and make a catchment basket for the rear shouldn’t be to hard

Martin

Attachments: