Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec CE5000-60 How to Change Cutting Strip?

• Graphtec CE5000-60 How to Change Cutting Strip?

Posted by John Cooper on December 3, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Hi guys,

The cutting strip on our cutter is looking a bit tatty and I think it could be contributing to some of our problems!

After a very, very, very long conversation with Edward Mathias to order some new blades 😀 he suggested swapping the strip around.

How do you remove the strip? I don’t want to pull anything I shouldn’t be pulling 😉

Cheers
    John

Jason Davies replied 12 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Chris Wool

December 3, 2011 at 3:06 pm

can’t see the point of turning it around if its foobared then wants replacing. mind you may be worth ago the real ones are not cheap.
    its only around .5mm thick and secured by double sided tape with out digging a gouge in the channel lift one end and pull up clean out any mess. lay new one in.
    with a graphtec the most important thing is its flat no undulations as you will get miss cuts.
    if you have any of that thick laminate left you can use that.

• Alex Pirozek

December 3, 2011 at 4:22 pm

John,
    See here
    https://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.p … lon#360692

if it’s the teflon glass woven type.

Al.

• John Cooper

December 3, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Thanks guys

I purchased a strip and also found the blade was duff too! Got a few spare smart blades from Edward Mathias – just found them 🙂

Cheers

John

• Jason Davies

December 4, 2011 at 9:27 am

Glad it worked for you John. I’ve had problems with my GSx cutter and Harry took the time out at 9:00pm to talk me through a repair, fortunately I now have a spare cutter but will test the cutter as soon as I finish a few jobs for McArthur Glen (or as my daughter calls it Camarthur Glen) as the pressure is on at the mo and I can’t afford anymore mishaps.

A true gent.

Jason

• John Cooper

December 4, 2011 at 10:04 am

Yes, Harry is so helpful & brilliant service.

If ever you get stuck Jason, you know the equipment we have and you’re more than welcome to use/borrow to get you out of a hole. My FX won’t take your foils though!

Cheers

John

• Jason Davies

December 4, 2011 at 10:11 am

Thanks John, I was slowing down but caught the bug again. In the process of ordering another Edge and a VS so hopefully won’t be too stuck again.
    Hope you are both well, I’m expecting to see you flying around Bridgend in a new Atom soon. 🙂

Cheers

Jase

• John Cooper

December 4, 2011 at 10:24 am

You obviously enjoy being creative Jason. It’s difficult to give up something you enjoy doing especially when you can earn some pennies doing it. I just wish I had more time!

I’ve thought long and hard about getting another Atom as I loved it so much – made me feel young. But I’m suffering a bit of sciatica just now and had to take a couple of weeks off! First time and it’s painful. Maybe the Atom isn’t such a good choice.

I’m actually considering a Burstner Argos A747. It has a huge garage and should allow us to do a few shows, equipment and all.

What’s a VS? Is it the new Roland printer?

Cheers

John

Attachments:

• Jason Davies

December 4, 2011 at 11:02 am

Good idea John, I don’t think my wife would let me do that 😀 😀

Yes, the VS is the new Roland, looking for speed with it and thanks to Chris Wool he guided me away from the Mimaki, common sense approach (I need that sometimes) as we are still running the VP’s.

Jase