• Graphtec ce5000-60

Posted by Paul Goddard on September 10, 2009 at 10:15 am

Hi there just brought this machine and so far so good. Just wondering why when i load vinyl it pulls most of the vinyl through machine to measure the length, is there a setting that needs altering?

Paul

LucyDrake replied 14 years, 3 months ago 8 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Peter Dee

September 10, 2009 at 2:27 pm

When you raise the pinch lever do you have an LED menu choice such as Roll1/Roll2/Sheet/Enter?
    If so you might be on sheet mode where it will measure the x & y.
    Set it to roll mode.

• Paul Goddard

September 10, 2009 at 2:47 pm

Hi peter is says Enter.

I will alter that setting
    Thanks

Paul

• Mark Jahn

September 10, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Roll 1 will measure the width then find the beginning of the vinyl and cut from there. Roll 2 will measure the width and cut from the point at which you set the vinyl in the machine.

• Paul Goddard

September 10, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Sorted thanks guys.

• Fabrice Menard

September 11, 2009 at 10:19 am
    quote Mark Jahn:

Roll 1 will measure the width then find the beginning of the vinyl and cut from there. Roll 2 will measure the width and cut from the point at which you set the vinyl in the machine.

+1 same answer.

Note 1: I only use the Roll1 setting.

Note2: A good point to be done is to hide the small vinyl sensor at the back of the machine with dark tape otherwise it could hapen that cutting stops suddenly only because when moving the vinyl stands up a little bit and the sensor think about end of vinyl which is not true…. This advice was given to me by my Graphtec distributor. It works fine, never had any problem with this for the last 2 years on my CE5000-60

• Dave Coombs

November 23, 2009 at 2:10 pm
    quote Fabrice Menard:

Note 1: I only use the Roll1 setting.

Note2: A good point to be done is to hide the small vinyl sensor at the back of the machine with dark tape otherwise it could hapen that cutting stops suddenly only because when moving the vinyl stands up a little bit and the sensor think about end of vinyl which is not true…. This advice was given to me by my Graphtec distributor. It works fine, never had any problem with this for the last 2 years on my CE5000-60

I have also covered up this sensor as i often got the cutter stopping if the vinyl lifted a bit and the light got to it 😀

• Jill Marie Welsh

November 23, 2009 at 2:42 pm

Whenever I tried to load my same machine (have had it one week now) it did that "sheet" thing too.
    Definitely Roll 1.
    But I get my 13 year old to load it for me, he seems to understand the thing better than I do.
    😕
    Make sure you watch the tutorial vids on the CD which comes along with it, and also read the tutorials. It’s so easy to miss one little detail!
    Love….Jill

• John Singh

November 23, 2009 at 4:58 pm
    quote Jillbeans:

Whenever I tried to load my same machine (have had it one week now) it did that “sheet” thing too.
    Definitely Roll 1.
    But I get my 13 year old to load it for me, he seems to understand the thing better than I do.
    😕
    Make sure you watch the tutorial vids on the CD which comes along with it, and also read the tutorials. It’s so easy to miss one little detail!
    Love….Jill

Yeah! But he still needs to put his bike away properly and leave you some room in the garage

• LucyDrake

January 7, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Could anyone tell me where the back sensor is please?