Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec CE5000-60 Cutter settings

• Graphtec CE5000-60 Cutter settings

Posted by LucyDrake on December 23, 2009 at 5:39 pm

Anyone help, just set it up but when i cut it cuts some bits too deep some not deep enough!!! Using JAC vinyl from victory force is set at 26, speed at 30 quality 3 any help PLEASE!!!

Jill Marie Welsh replied 14 years, 4 months ago 7 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Martin Pearson

December 23, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Have a check through old posts by doing a search as this sort of thing comes up quite often, might give you the info you need without waiting for others to post. Have you set the blade up correctly in the holder and have the correct blade setting on the plotter ? You could also try slowing the speed down a bit to see if that makes a difference. Best quality will be one if the new graphtec machines are the same as the old ones. You might also check to see if the cutting strip is sitting down properly all the way along.

• Lynn Normington

December 23, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Lucy if it’s cutting at different depths your cutting strip could need replacing. actually I see you say force is 26 this seems high and it may be a new blade that is needed.

Lynn

• Liam Pattison

December 23, 2009 at 6:14 pm

26 is a lot of force on my machine (graphtec ce5000-120).

I only need 22 force to cut through reflective, which is pretty thick

I dont know what that jac vinyl is but if it’s only 65-75 microns you’ll probably only need 15 force if you have a new blade in it.

try 15 speed and quality 1 as Martin suggested,

these were settings graphtec recommended to me over the phone.

You should be able to find a guide to setting the blade up correctly in its holder, either it came with the machine or online.

Hope this helps

Liam

• LucyDrake

December 23, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Just done the settings as suggested,Trying to do a friend 3 small no parking signs just 150mm x 250mm cuts first one ok but middle one not deep enough and third on cut some bits but not others???

• LucyDrake

December 23, 2009 at 7:17 pm

Just put a piece of vinyl over the sensor in front of the blade, cut perfect…Anyone tell me how to disable the sensors???

• Alex Pirozek

December 23, 2009 at 7:20 pm

Lucy,
    With a new blade and on normal vinyl 60-80mic then it should cut to the backing on 14-16 easy. If you’re over 20 on this vinyl then either the blade is chipped or blunt!! I used 20-21 on reflective maximum.

Check that quality setting is 1 and program 09U (if your using the std blue holder.

Other than that maybe when you had it on 26 it cut through the vinyl and paper and damaged the blade and cutting strip.

Alex.

• Jill Marie Welsh

January 5, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Just bumping this back up.
    I had to cut reflective the other day and changed my settings to 15 speed, 26 force, 0 offset, 1 quality.
    Now I cannot remember the original settings I had for cutting oracal 651 and 751.
    Any suggestions?
    (and yes I am gonna dig out my tutorial CD)

• John Singh

January 5, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Hi Jill
    The force is high
    If you have a relatively new blade then Force 16 should do
    Quality 1
    Offset is set by you depending how your test cut works out, it should cut nice and square into the corners

• Jill Marie Welsh

January 5, 2010 at 1:48 pm

Thanks John!
    (I think the force was previously set to 14) but I didn’t remember the other settings.

• Liam Pattison

January 5, 2010 at 3:15 pm

Jill,
    when i got my graphtec i cut a series of concentric circles and next to that a series of concentric squares. I found it a really good test to make sure the blade offset was perfect.

Make sure there are no visible joins in the circle (where the blade started and stopped cutting). And the corners of the squares are all perfect.

You probably new this, but just trying to pay some of the advise back you’ve given me before!

Liam

• Jill Marie Welsh

January 5, 2010 at 4:09 pm

Hey thanks Liam!
    See, I may be an old dog but there are many new tricks I am clueless about. Any help is appreciated.