Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec CE5000-120 Stand (Roller) Problem

• Graphtec CE5000-120 Stand (Roller) Problem

Posted by Craig Ross on February 16, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Evening all!

Well I recently added a CE5000-120 to the office as found a good one for a fantastic price. Only downside was it didn’t have the rollers for the stand to hold the vinyl when feeding it into the machine.

Well I measured up and got some stainless steel tube made at 1450mm with a 28mm O/D. But since receiving them I have realised I should of asked someone who had one to get the exact measurement as they are approx 2mm short I recon as they don’t quite touch the mounted wheels.

So what to do now? Buy more tube or customise it? I thought rubber washers on the wheels or get bigger wheels but unsure where…

(BTW unsure if wheels is the correct term.)

Thank in advance!

Chris Wool replied 11 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Kevin Flowers

February 16, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Craig
    why don’t you try calling Graphtec & see how much the correct bars are might be cheaper than all the messing around

http://www.graphtecgb.co.uk/

Kev

• Craig Ross

February 16, 2013 at 9:17 pm

That was my first port of call… Really helpful chap but he said it wouldn’t be worth my while and he actually recommended getting the steel made.

I’ll quote him "Its only staineless steel tube, you’d be better off getting it made yourself".

He followed by saying they don’t stock them and would be extremely expensive in comparison to getting some made as they would have to ship them in.

• Kevin Flowers

February 16, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I see, not exactly supporting their product though. Have you not got a steel stock holders local where you can pick up some stainless steel or aluminium tube & measure it in the machine

Kev

• Craig Ross

February 16, 2013 at 9:54 pm

There’s one about 15miles away which is where I got these ones cut.

Nightmare. I should have asked someone. Never mind, I’ll find a way… Just seems a shame/hassle to buy more.

• Craig Ross

February 17, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Anyone got a 120 model?

Any chance you could measure the O/D of the Tubes for me?

• Nick Eccles

February 18, 2013 at 8:36 am

Wheels – I assume you mean the bearings….

I have a CE5000/60 the o/d of the tubes on mine are 13mm not sure if it’s the same on the CE5000/120 though

Nick.

• Craig Ross

February 18, 2013 at 5:26 pm
    quote Nick.Eccles:

Wheels – I assume you mean the bearings….

I have a CE5000/60 the o/d of the tubes on mine are 13mm not sure if it’s the same on the CE5000/120 though

Nick.

Thanks Nick, I’ve got a CE5000-60 too. Its Graphtec made at my place, ha!

Well I’ve worked it out now. I remembered that the steel tube for the George Vac has a 32mm Extraction stainless steel tube. So I placed it on the one roller and rolled perfectly. So I’m bitting the bullet and going to order another set of stainless steel tube which is 32mm O/D.

All fun and games… 🙂

• Chris Wool

February 18, 2013 at 5:49 pm

just to say

my fc7000 130 ones are 40mm dia, the two bearings it sits on are 20mm dia and 50mm centres apart

may help