Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters GRAPHTEC CE5000-120 origin problem

• GRAPHTEC CE5000-120 origin problem

Posted by Alexis Davis on October 1, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Ok you will need to bare with me here as I’m not entirely correct for the right terms.

The problem is very small and something I can get by without sorting but its just frustrating.

Here goes:
    When I load up a new roll of vinyl, and click enter for it to scan and find the rollers then find the start of the vinyl, it always ends up finishing really close to the edge. I haven’t had a problem yet but I can imagine if I had a badly cut start of a roll it may end up catching. I always find myself nudging it a bit and reorigining to be safe.

I just wondered if there was a way of advancing it say 25mm, I think I found an option in signlab but its un selectable, I assume because I only use signlab 8 vinyl.

If anyone has an idea or can put me at rest that I will have to do this forever that would be great.

Cheers 😀

Alistair Richards replied 15 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Peter Normington

October 1, 2008 at 11:11 pm

Just do as you have been doing, roll it forward, and set the origin.

it should not be a problem though, if your material is square cut to begin with, the plotter will always find the origin with the "eye"

Peter

• Alexis Davis

October 1, 2008 at 11:35 pm

I know I must sound really impatient but it means I have to wait around while it does it’s thing before I roll it on and reorigin, instead of going back to my computer and setting the stuff off.

I’ve just cut a square now, and it’s 6mm from the edge! 😮

the older graphtec’s I’ve worked on gave much more space, and ment I would set jobs to it to cut before its even finished aligning. Now Im just paranoid incase something isn’t perfectly straight.

I’m a fast worker btw, I’m not used to all this waiting around for it. 😛

• Peter Dee

October 2, 2008 at 10:49 am

I’ve got one of these and it’s the same.
    I’ve scoured the manual and can’t find a way of changing it.
    In Signlab I can just enter a figure of 20mm in the Y axis set position box for the plot to move up the roll by 20mm.

• Neil Davey

October 2, 2008 at 11:16 am

Load the vinyl and bring it through so you miss the bad edge, put the pinch rollers down and on the digital display it says ‘Roll 1 Press Enter’.

If you press Next it goes to Roll 2, now it will only scan the width of the vinyl and the origin will remain where you’ve initially loaded the vinyl.

If you press next a second time it’ll say ‘Sheet’ and this will scan the sheet size so don’t ask for this if you have a 50m roll in or you’ll have alot of vinyl to up 😕

Neil

• Alistair Richards

October 2, 2008 at 6:22 pm

I just make sure I cut the end of the roll square everytime I finish, I have the software advance the roll by about 65mm after each job and then use one of those cheap blue letter openers from staples, and run it in the groove on the cutter, works really well.