Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec CE5000-120 centres out of registration

• Graphtec CE5000-120 centres out of registration

Posted by Colin Bland on October 1, 2009 at 11:13 pm

Hi
    I have a CE5000-120 been brilliant use it all day every day.

The problem I have is the way it cuts the centers on Large runs of text.

The machine goes through and cuts the centers of the letters ie centers of O etc then comes back to the beginning and cuts the outside shapes.

It will do this accurately centers about 2m for about 10 lines of text over that the centers to outside registration is poor.

Is it my software (i cut directly from corel through the cutting master program) is there something I’m doing wrong? I have the cutting master set to restrict media movement etc any advice much appreciated

Colin

Colin Bland replied 14 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Neil English

October 2, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Maybe try speed priority?

• Chris Wool

October 2, 2009 at 1:59 pm

if optimize is set to none and it still does it then the drawing letters have probably been broken apart.

corel will cut from the back of the layer to the front.

chris

• Colin Bland

October 2, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Cheers Neil I will look at that

Chris so if I regroup the letters you think that may solve the problem?

Colin

• Chris Wool

October 2, 2009 at 2:36 pm

if they are broken apart group or combine may help but retyping the line will cure it.

chris

• Colin Bland

October 2, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Hi Chris tried all that and still didnt work so reset all the settings in Cutting master and found that the restrict media movement is now working properly – had that setting before but just wasnt doing it – must have lost its way

Thanks for suggestions

Colin