Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec CE 5000-60 Problem

• Graphtec CE 5000-60 Problem

Posted by William Williams on August 4, 2012 at 7:38 am

Recently had to reinstall Vinyl Master LTR as the old laptop melted down lost lost of files, anyway its all up and running now with new laptop but i have hit a simple problem that i can’t fix and the engineers at vinyl master are taking an age to answer the ticket. Problem is when i send a job to the cutter when it has finished it returns to start of roll so i can only put 1 job at a time through or it cuts over the other job…..I have been in settings and set sheet advance but this hasn’t fixed the problem been in and out of all the settings but to no joy, i am sure it is something very simple any help would be very much appreciated.

Martin Pearson replied 11 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Martin Pearson

August 4, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Have you checked the settings menu on the plotter itself? Might be down to a setting on the plotter itself rather than a setting in the software.
    Not sure why such a delay though. I can’t fault the guys at future, always quick to offer assistance.

• Robert Lambie

August 4, 2012 at 1:26 pm

by the sounds of it the machine is at its default setting which is return to origin point which is the bottom left of the graphic? if it is, then that is how our machines are set too.
    I am guessing there must be something different in vinyl master pro if you can run multiple jobs in one cut. ive not heard of that sorry.
    if i have multiple lines of text to run i simple stack them on screen and cut.
    you can however go into the "cut options" in the software and set the origin point to "where you" want it to stop when complete. BUT although i havent looked at this for over ten years :lol1: the software i am talking about is signlab.
    so as i said, if you can find the equivelant in VMP, your looking to set the origin point, which maybe under cut options.

as martin says, there "might" be an option of setting this on your cutter. but seeing as nothing has changed other than your PC, i doubt the setting will be on that as nothing there is new or tampered with.

• Martin Pearson

August 4, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Robert, he’s not looking to run multiple jobs at the same time, It’s not the point of origin that is causing the problem but what happens after the job has been cut.
    After the job is cut there are options on how to park the machine, one is to advance a few millimetres so another job can be sent, another is to just stop at the end of the last cut (don’t see the point of this one) & the last one is to return to the original starting point. That’s the one he has set at the moment & doesn’t seem to be able to change.

If a new computer is being used then all the software has had to be reinstalled & also the plotter has had to be configured to run on new computer so it’s possible lots of settings could have been changed during this process. :lol1: :lol1:

• William Williams

August 4, 2012 at 3:29 pm

It was perfect before we had to reinstall, we have another laptop with an old sign program on it and it doesn’t return to the start so i know its not the machine settings, just had a mail from future they have sent me a screenshot when the settings button is oped yet when we do the exact same thing 2 of the end options are missing! Just wondering if there might be i a little bug in here…

• Martin Pearson

August 4, 2012 at 4:23 pm

if you have had to reinstall VM have you updated it to the latest version??

Have you tried uninstalling VM and then reinstalling it??

• Paul Humble

August 4, 2012 at 8:42 pm

If I remember right there are three settings. Sheet 1, Sheet 2 and Roll.

I used to have mine set on one of the 2 sheet settings to get it to stop at the end of the job.

• Martin Pearson

August 4, 2012 at 8:50 pm

How many settings have you got william?

I’ve got 3 in VMX, sheet advance, return to start & don’t advance.
    Setting you had it on before would have been sheet advance, If you have something different then there is a difference in the lite version which I doubt or it may not have installed correctly.

I would try to reinstal & then updade to sp2 which I believe is the latest update.