Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec CE 5000-120 Origin Point

• Graphtec CE 5000-120 Origin Point

Posted by Jack O'Loughlin. on October 1, 2009 at 5:15 pm

Hello I hope you can help!
    My Graphtec does not leave enough material in preparation for next job. It simply pulls the material back to where it considers correct but the n when it initiates the next job the blade runs off the material front end. What setting must I adjust to tell the machine to allow for this.
    Thanks
    JackO

Jack O'Loughlin. replied 14 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Lynn Normington

October 1, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Jack you should have a button where you can set the origin on mine it at the bottom right corner of the control panel.

Lynn

• Jack O'Loughlin.

October 1, 2009 at 5:36 pm

eh! Thanks Lynn I know that but it makes no difference. I have to run off 40-50 mm of material and reset origin between every single job.

• Liam Pattison

October 1, 2009 at 5:50 pm

In your cutting software, have a look around there may be an option to set what the blade does after a job. I know there is in mine but i don’t bother with it, as i always reset material after every cutting job. Maybe a bit long winded but it works for me.

Liam

• Lynn Normington

October 1, 2009 at 6:14 pm

yes Jack you do have to as the plotter only remembers the first point it measures.

Lynn

• Chris Wool

October 1, 2009 at 6:15 pm
    quote Jack O’Loughlin:

eh! Thanks Lynn I know that but it makes no difference. I have to run off 40-50 mm of material and reset origin between every single job.

check in the plotter menu for advance after job normally set to 10mm.

chris

• Liam Pattison

October 1, 2009 at 6:22 pm

Hi Chris,
    Just me not quite understanding, do you alter that ‘advance after job’ on the cutter itself or on the software on the computer?

Cheers Liam

• Chris Wool

October 1, 2009 at 6:28 pm

plotter menu

but some programs do have the facility.

• Liam Pattison

October 1, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Thanks Chris,
    had seen the option in my old cutting software, but couldn’t remember seeing it in the one i use now.

Liam

• Jack O'Loughlin.

October 2, 2009 at 8:06 am

Thanks lads,
    I cannot be certain but it appears that it goes through some measuring moves in both and y axes once new material is loaded so it should have the facility to adjust this ‘slack’ material.

JackO