Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters Graphtec C5000 cutting Speed problem?

• Graphtec C5000 cutting Speed problem?

Posted by Kevin Parr on March 15, 2009 at 11:31 pm

Hello i hope someone can help.I have a Graphtec C5000 and found that when big jobs are being cut the vinyl tends to wander to the side slightly ,it may be 10mm over 2 mtrs but on a long job the vinyl will leave the grip wheels .So to try and compensate i slow the cut speed down to about 9 ,thinking that the vinyl may stay straighter longer if it cuts slower now this seems to work untill the cutter pulls the vinyl forward to cut the next letters but this speed is not at the speed i set to 9 it is a lot faster so to get to my question how do slow down the speed of cutter when pulling vinyl threw to begin cutting
    i hope you understand what im on about thanks

mod-edit
    please use descriptive topic titles when posting.
    this topic has now been edited.

Chris Wool replied 15 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Lynn Normington

March 15, 2009 at 11:38 pm

Kevin I understand but have no solution, I always pre feed the required amount of vinyl out before starting a job, then you get no sudden jerks or tugs. on the whole my graphtec runs pretty true.

Lynn

• Peter Normington

March 15, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Kevin,
    First set your vinyl up square to start with, by pulling it under the bed from behind, and lining it up with the edges at the front.
    Turn off the auto feed, and then roll through enough to to the job, and roll it back, this does 2 things, it ensures all is square, and actually build a track on the vinyl that the pinch rollers are enclined to followl
    next think make sure in your software that the cuts are done with the least back and forward movement,

Peter

• Nicola McIntosh

March 15, 2009 at 11:48 pm

kevin i had the same problem when i first got my graphtec, took me ages to get used to it, as i had been using a roland for years, which was totally different, the graphtec was so much faster and took a bit of getting used to with feeding the vinyl, but as lynn rightly says, pre-feed and you cannot go wrong 😀

nik

• Jason Xuereb

March 15, 2009 at 11:50 pm

Do you have auto pre feed on the C5000 series?

• Lynn Normington

March 15, 2009 at 11:59 pm

Jason I wouldn’t use auto feed, don’t know if the C5000 has one or not, mine has but I don’t use it.

Lynn

• Jason Xuereb

March 16, 2009 at 12:02 am

Hey Lyn, When you have a 10 metre job you prefeed 10 metres?

• Lynn Normington

March 16, 2009 at 12:05 am

Jason not often I have to do ten meters in one go but I guess I would

Lynn

• Chris Wool

March 16, 2009 at 12:31 am

on most graphtecs you can set the PEN UP SPEED also PRE FEED SPEED

in the menu

chris