Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions General Cutter topics GCC SIGN PAL ULTRA 101S is my first vinyl cutter

• GCC SIGN PAL ULTRA 101S is my first vinyl cutter

Posted by Zahid Jahangir on August 9, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Hello to all members to the UK sign board.

I am new to this forum, and i would like to introduce myself as Zahid but you can call me Zed for short. My background is that i am already a degree graduate in animation since 2004. I have been fiddling with design programs since college, and i currently use adobe illustrator, photoshop and Indesign CS4 and 3D Studio Max 9 & 10. I have used other programs like Adobe Premiere pro, After Effects, Audition, Encore and flash to add to the list of software i have used.

Since losing my job through recession in 2009 as a graphic designer, i have taken myself up as a DVLA registered number plate supplier. As demand for plates is getting slower, i want to use my skills in graphic design, which i have but in vinyl.

I have purchased a GCC SIGN PAL ULTRA 101S vinyl cutter, which i purchased as a risk but i want to start a small business in doing some simple vinyl cutting, as well as graphic design service and even animation/video editing, abit of everything for a complete business design service for print, web, screen, dvd, and signage.

this cutter does power up, also i did a small test cut which it did. I have managed to download the drivers from a member from Grafityp in tamworth, which GCC must of got in contact with them.

As i never got any software for this machine, i am after the GCC great cut software as i have a 30 days trial. I have read people use other software like corel to cut there vinyl, but i cannot get my cutter to communicate with my laptop.

I have purchased a parallel port to usb for my laptop that runs windows vista, and i cannot get this machine to work. The machine powers up fine, but its getting the communication working. I have installed the software for the cutter, nothing works.

I am after a copy of GCC Great Cut software if someone is selling it very cheap, as this will be something i can use to send my illustrator files over to great cut software to cut a test piece out. I have purchased some vinyl, but it is useless without being used.

can anyone help please.

Attachments:

Zahid Jahangir replied 13 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Matty Goodwin

August 9, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Zed!

Welcome but introduce yourself in the ‘Hello’ section…

More guys and gals will reply to you questions…

Matt

• Zahid Jahangir

August 9, 2010 at 11:15 pm

cheers mate, i just have said my hello and hi in the new comers section,

regards

zed