Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Buy – Sell – Employment For Sale – Graphtec FC7000-130

• Chris Wool

November 6, 2007 at 12:03 pm

what do you find awkward with it. and what takes your fancy a suma s class T

• John Childs

November 6, 2007 at 12:59 pm
    quote Chris Wool:

what do you find awkward with it. and what takes your fancy a suma s class T

Chris, the Graphtec is fine, a quality bit of kit. It’s the Flexi software we can’t get on with. I’ve banged on about cutting software enough in the past, so I won’t do it again here, but it really isn’t suitable for our type of work.

I would happily keep the Graphtec if I could make it work with Finecut, which isn’t perfect itself (what is?), but it is a lot more suited to a semi production type environment than Flexi.

I have also come to the conclusion that it is pointless my staff having to learn two different cutting programmes and that we are better standardising on one.

We have had a Summa in the past and that too was a good bit of kit. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anybody but, again, for us, driving software is the issue so, unless another alternative presents itself, I think I’m going to have to buy another Mimaki.

• Chris Wool

November 6, 2007 at 4:21 pm

surprised it dont work in finecut but maybe not as you want it to.
    i have the same graphtec and agree it is well worth the money i drive it straight from corel – windows driver i just cant stand the plug in they send with it. it may be flex cut down.
    a early xmas present for somebody 😉

to the top

chris

• John Childs

November 6, 2007 at 4:22 pm
    quote Chris Wool:

it may be flex cut down.

:yes1:

• Brian Hays

November 6, 2007 at 4:31 pm

Chris Finecut is bundled with Mimaki cutters. It only has a Mimaki driver, so cannot be used to drive any other plotter.

• Chris Wool

November 6, 2007 at 4:33 pm

yae just been a goooogleing to find that out, bummer aint it

• Jeff_Brown

November 7, 2007 at 11:18 am

May be interested, can you PM price?

Jeff

• John Childs

December 3, 2007 at 9:03 pm

It’s four months old now, but still for sale. 🙁

We could do with the space.

Anybody?