Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Buy – Sell – Employment For Sale – Canon W8400 Pigment printer – 42"

• For Sale – Canon W8400 Pigment printer – 42"

Posted by Warren Beard on August 31, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Hi

Due to finally investing in a solvent printer I have for sale my Canon Pigment printer. It is a W8400 and is 42" wide. It is a 6 colour printer and can take photo and matte black ink cartridges depending on the type of work you will be doing but i have always used matt black with excellent results.

I think the printer is about 4-5 years old and was previously owned by another valued member on these boards and between us have really looked after it. I keep it covered with a large sheet when not in use as did the previous owner.

here’s a link with specs; http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Work/Product … /index.asp

I have a lot of stock to go with it as it is for Pigment ink only.

3 of the ink Cartridges are about to finish so I will include these in the sale, one might have to be replaced by then as it is practically finished so will be full but to show you a test print I might have to put it in, it is that low currently.

I have used this printer for over 2 years producing eyeletted banners, vehicle graphics (flat panels only), signs, posters, roll up banners, photo reproductions and archival (Giclee) prints. I have also supplied thousands of contour cut stickers using this printer, print and laminate and then put in your cutter to contour cut to shape (cutter must have Opus eye)

I have one client who I produce Giclee prints for who I will pass on to the buyer of the printer as I’m sure she will want the quality and colours etc to remain the same, it’s not a large customer but it’s money in the bank. I will give you all their print ready files and tell you exactly what profiles and setting to use as well as the specific archival paper that must be used.

Ink costs are about £118+vat each so 3 new carts are over £350 worth, the Cyan is half full and the Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta are almost full so approx another £250 worth of ink still in it.

I will give you my suppliers contact who I have used for a long time due to good products, service and best price I could find for inks and medias.

This is the list of media that will come with the printer;

24" Hahnemühle Photo Rag Bright White 310gsm – approx 8m (worth about £80 alone)
    24" Aquajet 140gsm paper – approx 5m
    24" Self Adhesive Synthetic paper (totally waterproof) – approx 15m
    24" medium weight banner 200mic – approx 5m
    24" Photo Gloss paper 190gsm paper – approx 25m
    24" Photo Satin paper 190gsm paper – approx 20m
    36" PET Grey backed waterproof paper – approx 5m
    36" CAD 90gsm paper – approx 40m
    42" lightstop grey backed roll up banner – approx 5m
    42" Art canvas waterproof – approx 15m
    42" Self Adhesive vinyl matt 120mic – approx 5m
    42" Matt Canvas – approx 10m
    42" Poster paper matt – approx 20m

The above is valued at a good few hundred pounds at least.

Printer comes on stand with media basket (one basket clip is slightly broken but still stays in place and works OK holding the basket back)

It also has a Rip Photo Print SE 5 and is worth approx £600 and is included in the sale, It can run direct from other program’s like Illustrator but I have tried it and the Rip is much easier to use and print quality is better through the Rip.

Buyer to collect from Winchester, Hampshire and can see it all in working order.

Looking for £2000 + vat

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Attachments:

Chris Wool replied 13 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Warren Beard

September 6, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Will add in my current PC which is dedicated for the RIP as I use a Mac, specs are;

Packard Bell
    XP Media Centre Edition (built in – no disc, has serial on side of tower)
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
    1 GB Ram
    180GB Hard drive
    15" Packard Bell monitor
    keyboard & mouse

Will be putting up for auction in the near future

Cheers

Warren

• Warren Beard

December 8, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Still Up but offer has changed to try shift it;

Due to finally investing in a solvent printer I have for sale my Canon Pigment printer. It is a W8400 and is 42" wide. It is a 6 colour printer and can take photo and matte black ink cartridges depending on the type of work you will be doing but i have always used matt black with excellent results.

I think the printer is about 4-5 years old and was previously owned by another valued member on these boards and between us have really looked after it. I keep it covered with a large sheet when not in use as did the previous owner.

here’s a link with specs; http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Work/Product … /index.asp

I have a lot of stock to go with it as it is for Pigment ink only.

I have used this printer for over 2 years producing eyeletted banners, vehicle graphics (flat panels only), signs, posters, roll up banners, photo reproductions and archival (Giclee) prints. I have also supplied thousands of contour cut stickers using this printer, print and laminate and then put in your cutter to contour cut to shape (cutter must have Opus eye)

I have 2 clients who I produce Giclee prints for who I will pass on to the buyer of the printer as I’m sure she will want the quality and colours etc to remain the same, they are not a large customers but it’s money in the bank. I will give you all their print ready files and tell you exactly what profiles and setting to use as well as the specific archival paper that must be used.

Ink costs are about £118+vat each and I have 2 new carts I can sell to you for a good price over and above the new price below, the Cyan is half full and the Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta are almost full so approx another £250 worth of ink still in it.

I will give you my suppliers contact who I have used for a long time due to good products, service and best price I could find for inks and medias.

This is the list of media that will come with the printer;

24" Hahnemühle Photo Rag Bright White 310gsm – I still use this for odd orders but will include whatever is left (also used for the 2 clients mentioned above for Giclee prints)
    24" Aquajet 140gsm paper – approx 5m
    24" Self Adhesive Synthetic paper (totally waterproof) – approx 15m
    24" medium weight banner 200mic – approx 5m
    24" Photo Gloss paper 190gsm paper – approx 25m
    24" Photo Satin paper 190gsm paper – approx 20m
    36" PET Grey backed waterproof paper – approx 5m
    36" CAD 90gsm paper – approx 40m
    42" lightstop grey backed roll up banner – approx 5m
    42" Art canvas waterproof – approx 15m
    42" Self Adhesive vinyl matt 120mic – approx 5m
    42" Matt Canvas – approx 10m
    42" Poster paper matt – approx 20m

The above is valued at a good few hundred pounds at least.

Printer comes on stand with media basket (one basket clip is slightly broken but still stays in place and works OK holding the basket back)

It also has a Rip Photo Print SE 5 and is worth approx £600 and is included in the sale, It can run direct from other program’s like Illustrator but I have tried it and the Rip is much easier to use and print quality is better through the Rip.

Buyer to collect from Winchester, Hampshire and can see it all in working order.

Looking for £1000 + vat (computer no longer part of the deal either as I am keeping it for my new Roland Versaworks RIP)

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

• Warren Beard

January 11, 2011 at 12:39 am

will seriously consider offers and willing to include the inks as well to move this now as I am starting to need the space.

printer
    rip
    all stock and 2 new inks carts

around £1000 +vat

any offers?

• Warren Beard

January 21, 2011 at 1:39 pm

*** SOLD ***

• Chris Wool

January 21, 2011 at 4:43 pm

pleased for you

bet you wish you still had it within 48 hours 😉

• Warren Beard

January 21, 2011 at 7:24 pm
    quote Chris Wool:

pleased for you

bet you wish you still had it within 48 hours 😉

:lol1: probably

I only used it for Giclee prints and sat idle for weeks at a time so maybe won’t 😉 The roland keeps me happy 🙄

• Chris Wool

January 21, 2011 at 8:51 pm

you did the right thing but it was 2 days after my epson went that a job came in for it.
    but did it on the roland ok.