Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vehicle Wrapping For handles trims on ford Transit jumbo 2016

• For handles trims on ford Transit jumbo 2016

Posted by Daniel Evans on March 12, 2017 at 10:59 am

Hi all

Got a wrap tomorrow on a 2016 ford transit jumbo, is there a workshop manual site for vehicles?

I need to get all the handles, lights and trims off and although I use to be a body fitter, it’s easier and quicker if you have a guide or know how it’s done before hand.

Thanks

Simon Worrall replied 7 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Robert Lambie

March 12, 2017 at 2:10 pm
    quote Daniel Evans:

Hi all

Got a wrap tomorrow on a 2016 ford transit jumbo, is there a workshop manual site for vehicles?

I need to get all the handles, lights and trims off and although I use to be a body fitter, it’s easier and quicker if you have a guide or know how it’s done before hand.

Thanks

I fully understand many are more than capable, some like yourself with experience too. But I never advise on the removal of anything unless you know 100% what your doing and that you have insurance cover in the event you mess up.
    We have wrap trained all over the UK and Ireland for some years now and it is shocking how many just go for it! and strip down top end cars and vans.
    Capable or not, the one key point that wrappers, even the most experienced of them give little or no consideration for is… "You are voiding the warranty of the vehicle".

anyway, yes it does speed up installation and give a much better finish. but also consider how long the strip down will take, then to put it back in place. Best practice is to get a local garage into do the strip down and reinstall. they are insured for this should anything go wrong. Even then i doubt many warranties these days will cover tampering other than by approved garages.

back to the subject. 😆
    i imagine there will be something online or maybe even a video on youtube on stripping down doors but as its a relatively new vehicle it could prove difficult.
    Be very wary on just how far you have to go on a strip down. couple of years ago I did a full wrapped red chrome van for GM in Vauxhall’s manufacturing plant. they had 2-3 guys at a time, walking straight from the production areas building the things… "trying" to get the handles off the doors which took them a fair time and meant the removal of the window glass and more, just to get into the handles. I would hate to think how long this would take one of us lot trying same, only to call in an expert at great cost.

anyway… i know, not much help mate but worth considering! :bigsmile: 😆

• Simon Worrall

March 13, 2017 at 11:18 am

I completely agree with you Rob.
    Leave it to the experts – it’s cheaper that way.