• Font ID Please

Posted by Marcella Ross on August 25, 2006 at 9:24 am

Can anyone ID this for me.
    ……. I’ve had a look and each time I thought I knew what font it was…. nope, wrong again! 😕
    Please help …… end of a busy week…… I’m tired….. cheesed off….. don’t like this job ……. had enough ……. need a drink ……

…. I know, it’s only 10.25am 😀

Marcella Ross replied 17 years, 8 months ago 8 Members · 25 Replies
  • 25 Replies
  • Lynn Normington

August 25, 2006 at 9:26 am

(?) (?) (?) give us a look then 😀

Lynn

• Marcella Ross

August 25, 2006 at 9:26 am

see what I mean ….. forgot to attach the jpeg 😳

Attachments:

• Nick Minall

August 25, 2006 at 9:31 am

Helvetica Bold for the MFY

• Marcella Ross

August 25, 2006 at 9:35 am

thanks Nick. I thought Helvetica bold was too light and helvetica black too heavy ……

maybe it’s just my failing eyesight!!!!!! 😮

• Nick Minall

August 25, 2006 at 9:43 am

the rest DIN-Regular maybe?

• Marcella Ross

August 25, 2006 at 9:46 am

I think you could be right with DIN Nick … thank you.

• Marcella Ross

August 25, 2006 at 9:51 am

Great ….. I don’t have DIN regular …… 👿 DIN Mittleschrift I have … but it’s too heavy.
    I am sooooooo glad it’s friday!

• Nick Minall

August 25, 2006 at 10:02 am

Nor me 😕

• Marcella Ross

August 25, 2006 at 10:05 am

Thanks anyway Nick.

If anyone does have DIN Regular, could you please do a little bit of text for me if I upload a file of what I need?

Thank you!

• John Childs

August 25, 2006 at 10:09 am

Marcella,

You have mail.

😀

• Marcella Ross

August 25, 2006 at 10:32 am

Thanks John!

I’ll share the info….! 😀 Reducto is very similar to DIN, as I have that, I’ll use it and hope the client doesnt notice – I doubt he will.

• Nicola McIntosh

August 25, 2006 at 10:36 am
    quote Marcella:

…. I know, it’s only 10.25am

thought that was a bit late for you………. :lol1:

nik

• Marcella Ross

August 25, 2006 at 10:41 am

It feels that way Nik!!!!!!

• Nicola McIntosh

August 25, 2006 at 10:45 am
    quote Marcella:

It feels that way Nik!!!!!!

ooooohhhh i feel a mad friday night coming on………. 😕

nik

• Alison Falzon

August 25, 2006 at 11:24 am
    quote :

end of a busy week…… I’m tired….. cheesed off….. don’t like this job ……. had enough ……. need a drink ……

You’ve done quite well if you’re not saying things like that until Friday! I’m usually saying that when I get out of bed in the morning…..on Monday

• Alison Falzon

August 25, 2006 at 11:26 am

How do you do quotes on here so that it comes up "Marcella wrote" instead of just "quote"???

!!??? Take that back I’ve just realised how to do it! Glasses need adjusting I think

• Marcella Ross

August 25, 2006 at 11:33 am

you had one of those weeks too Alison!!! :lol1:

• Alison Falzon

August 25, 2006 at 11:43 am

Yes, one of those weeks where EVERYONE wants EVERYTHING done by yesterday, for FREE. Aaaargh.

• John Childs

August 25, 2006 at 12:18 pm

I’ve got a customer who wants a new van in a carnival tomorrow.

I have been telling him for weeks that we need a full day to do the job and he promised to have it here by yesterday at the latest. You guessed it, 1.00pm and we still haven’t seen it. I know fine well that he is going to turn up at 4.30 and really will not understand why I am not prepared to work all night on a Friday to get it done by his deadline.

I foresee a "full and frank" discussion taking place tonight and I really do not need the aggro at the start of the weekend.

Normally I wouldn’t mind, and am usually happy to help out a customer with a problem, but this geezer does it EVERY time and it winds me up. :banghead:

• Marcella Ross

August 25, 2006 at 12:23 pm

Deep breaths John …….. 😀 It’s typical though isn’t it. I have a customer who calls me and asks ‘if you’ve got a set of my vehicle graphics there, could you pop over and stick them on just now.’ 😕 Of course we all sit with every sign known to man all cut, in stock and ready to go eh!

Anyway i hope your guy turns up soon John! 😉

• Alison Falzon

August 25, 2006 at 12:41 pm

A couple of weeks ago, a bloke phoned at about 10.30am on Sunday, asking me to do some t-shirts by 12pm – print to front and back, 2 colour.
    When I politely said that I wasn’t able to do it, he got really stroppy, emphasising the point that it was for charity, and that although he expected the t-shirts for FREE, he would let me put my co. name on the t-shirt. (oooh, thanks!)
    I had it all to do just to get him off the phone. Bl**dy cheek!

• Shane Drew

August 25, 2006 at 12:53 pm
    quote John Childs:

I’ve got a customer who wants a new van in a carnival tomorrow.

I have been telling him for weeks that we need a full day to do the job and he promised to have it here by yesterday at the latest. You guessed it, 1.00pm and we still haven’t seen it. I know fine well that he is going to turn up at 4.30 and really will not understand why I am not prepared to work all night on a Friday to get it done by his deadline.

I foresee a “full and frank” discussion taking place tonight and I really do not need the aggro at the start of the weekend.

Normally I wouldn’t mind, and am usually happy to help out a customer with a problem, but this geezer does it EVERY time and it winds me up. :banghead:

Got one the same today mate..

Got contacted by a new adverstising agent for an old client late wednesday afternoon, asking what file types I needed to print some signs that were being prepared for ‘our’ client.

Gave him all the specs, and this guy says that ‘one or two are required by friday night. Would that be a problem?’

I said ‘erm yes, because I’ll need them in the next 10 minutes to have any hope of getting them done by friday (today) afternoon’

Right he said, you’ll have them in a jiffy.

Today at 11:30am, 9 sign files 👿 turn up in my email box, with a note saying they need to be on the 3pm courier.

Lets see…. I have to print 9 signs, let them dry… laminate them…. cut up 9 pieces of dibond… lay them up… pack them… and get them on a courier…..

I emailed him, and in the nicest tone…. told him he had a snow flakes chance in hell to see these on the 3pm courier. 😕

I haven’t heard from him since 😛 got an order tho, so he’ll get them next week when I’m ready 😉

• John Childs

August 25, 2006 at 1:18 pm

Two things there Alison.

People that want things done free because they are for charity get upset when I show them the door. We do do free stuff for charity (got one this weekend) but they are my charities – the ones I want to support, not somebody else’s hobby horse with which I may or may not have much sympathy. I could spend my working life turning out stuff for these people.

Then there’s the "do my rally car for nothing and you can put your name on it" brigade. Yeah, right. The only people that will attract is even more people that want their rally cars done for nothing. They look at me a bit strange when I say that I will do their car for £x provided they DON’T put my name on it and guarantee not to tell anybody else who did it for them.

• Dale Hughes

August 25, 2006 at 2:00 pm

Bit late but might help

Dale

Attachments:

• Marcella Ross

August 25, 2006 at 2:06 pm

Thanks Dale…. not too late at all! 😀