Activity Feed Forums Sign Making Discussions Vinyl Flood Coating a Citroen Berlingo 97-2002

• Flood Coating a Citroen Berlingo 97-2002

Posted by Daniel Evans on January 10, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Hey guys

I’m in need of a really big favour, i’ve been asked to flood coat the panels on a Citroen Berlingo 99 T Plate and I can’t for the life of me get a good finish using Phil’s tutorial.

I understand how it’s done, but i’ve not got the most steady hand so cutting things by hand are pretty much 50 / 50.

Is there anyone that has the template for the panels so I am able to get the cutter to do it for me, i’ve tried doing my own but i’m getting no where fast and i’m running out of time, i know it’s a big ask, I desperately need to get out this spot of bother before i let the customer down.

Thanks

Jim Airey replied 12 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Martin Pearson

January 10, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Daniel, be very lucky to get a template that fits perfectly that you can cut on a plotter as vehicle outlines aren’t that accurate in general. If you don’t have a steady enough hand yourself haven’t you got anyone who could cut it by hand for you??
    With floodcoating you probably don’t need to use application tape, you could use a couple of magnets to hold the vinyl in place on the side of the van with the backing paper facing out. You should then be able to draw the shape straight on to the backing paper. get someone to cut it out for you and then stick that bit to the panel on the other side of the van.

• Jim Airey

January 28, 2012 at 10:11 pm

did you get it sorted? where abouts are you?