Activity Feed Forums Printing Discussions General Printing Topics File is 1815mm long but it is printed 1800mm. 15mm are unaccounted for!

• File is 1815mm long but it is printed 1800mm. 15mm are unaccounted for!

Posted by Pane Talev on January 22, 2018 at 10:03 am

Good day folks!

I have a print file (Mutoh 1624x, Sai RIP) that is 1815mm long but comes out printed 1800mm.

15mm SHORT!

How can this happen?

Does anybody has explanation about this?

Vince Francis replied 6 years, 3 months ago 7 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Warren Beard

January 22, 2018 at 1:47 pm

Printer calibration but always found slight discrepancies anyway which is why you should always allow enough bleed.

• Pane Talev

January 22, 2018 at 6:46 pm

Needed to supply trimmed tiles to a client.
    I’m quite surprised to be honest.
    15mm is a big difference.

• Martin Lemiesz

January 22, 2018 at 8:48 pm

is the image on file smaller than the file artboard perhaps? does the image have white gap round it?

• Stafford Cox

January 22, 2018 at 9:09 pm

There’s a calibration on the Mutoh xx24 called PF adjust. I can’t remember exactly where it is but it’s something like setup / user type / dist adj. You need to run the initial test (I’d run a minimum of 500mm), measure it and then input the value and run the confirmation test.

That should do it.

Stafford.

• Pane Talev

January 22, 2018 at 9:11 pm

Thanks Stafford. Will do that in the morning. This will explain a print and cut catastrophe I had few months ago.

• Stafford Cox

January 22, 2018 at 9:20 pm

Yeah, it most definitely would. I have a customer who was about 15mm out over a meter!! Apparently lots of other dealers couldn’t sort it over the last 12 months and then I swan in and do it in 10 minutes. They must have thought I was either a God or gonad 😀

• Leigh Howden

January 23, 2018 at 9:29 am

I use to run large mutoh on flexi sign

I have definitely had an issue where in flexi the image was one size and then in production manager it was a different size

Not sure how it happened (might be to do with using the size adjustment in production managet) problem is it stores each files print settings so if you go back some time later and reprint. It remembers the adjustment made before and prints at that spec

• Pane Talev

January 23, 2018 at 10:48 am

I did the PF adjust.
    Distance between crosses was not the same on both ends.
    495mm on the left
    496.5mm on the right
    Did the charges and saved.
    Not looking for a long job to come in 😉
    Thank you all for your input!

• Pane Talev

January 23, 2018 at 8:00 pm

2640mm in the file.
    2640mm printed.
    Thank you Stafford!

• Stafford Cox

January 23, 2018 at 9:18 pm

You’re welcome 😀

• Myles Brewer

January 25, 2018 at 3:02 pm

This is quite interesting as I am currently having a similar issue with HP26500 & Flexi 12 RIP I’m finding about a 15-20mm undersize when printing an 8x4ft. Which in itself isn’t a major issue if adding a bleed but I have some panels to produce which include cut out sections at certain positions which oobviously won’t tally if the printed measurements are out.

Does anyone know how to deal with this in either Flexi or the HP 26500?

• Vince Francis

January 25, 2018 at 5:03 pm

I have a similar problem when I am printing long layout drawings.

I scale all my artwork in Signlab, print on a HP plotter through AI CS6.

The issue I have is if I am fixing a tray panel say 5000mm long, the overall print is 50-100mm less. Whilst it’s not the biggest issue, it’s annoying.

Any idea why this is doing this? Back in the day when my Signlab 5 printed direct, I never had this problem