Activity Feed Forums Vinyl Cutter Discussions Graphtec Vinyl Cutters FC8000 -75 vibrating when cutting curves

• FC8000 -75 vibrating when cutting curves

Posted by Daniel Crank on October 12, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Hi
    I have a fc8000 and when i cut files it cuts straight lines fast and quietly but when it comes to a curve it goes really slow and vibrates as if its a very fine zig zaggy line its cutting but the files are fine, had no problem before…..

If you have any ideas id like to hear them.

Thanks

Jason Xuereb replied 13 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Martin Pearson

October 13, 2010 at 12:19 am

You will probably find that there are far to many nodes on the curves, try reducing the number of nodes and it will probably cut much more smoothly.

• Daniel Crank

October 13, 2010 at 9:16 am

These files usually cut fine, just started doing this….

• Chris Wool

October 14, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Have you adjusted the quality setting

• Daniel Crank

October 14, 2010 at 6:27 pm

No its on quality 3, pressure 17, on straights its fine, just on curves its really slow and juddery, but cut line looks ok..
    Thanks

• Steve McAdie

October 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Try putting a little oil in the knife holder, a signmaker by me had similar trouble and rang graphtec they told him to do this. Cured his problem. Use sewing machine oil or similar.

Steve

• Chris Wool

October 15, 2010 at 4:41 pm

steve has just offered the other reason but that results as if the knife is not rotating and judders on the vinyl.

what i think is happening is a fault in the windows driver on some poor quality TTF fonts the graphtec driver will do this also when a emboldened path has been given. as said before nodes to close. because its copied a poor outline in the first place.

outline paths created in x3 and above are fine don’t know about illy,

funny how its not so much of a problem on a roland

• Daniel Crank

October 16, 2010 at 1:01 pm

Hi
    It does it on every curve on everything, every file i have it does it and every font too…
    Should i try it on another pc???

Dan

• Martin Pearson

October 16, 2010 at 1:04 pm

What cutting mode are you using? You haven’t got it set to tangential emulation have you.

• Daniel Crank

October 16, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Hi tangential emulation is turned off.
    I have made a quick you tube vid of this.
    If you watch vid you will see it vibrates and goes really slow when cutting the zeros but flys on the rectangles ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfj4dvhQMAo

On this vid i cut text in X3 and have tried it on my new laptop too but it runs the same??

• Chris Wool

October 16, 2010 at 7:51 pm

draw a circle in x3 plot with a quality of 4 and drop the speed down to 30. should just go round smoothly

running any machine flat out is bad in my book under normal day use cutting faster than you can weed is just wearing the machine out.

the quality setting adjusts the acceleration between coordinates the lower the value the higher the quality the slower the acceleration, longer cut times.

are you using the windows driver or going through cutting master and plotter controller.

chris

• Daniel Crank

October 16, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Hi
    I run cutter at 30 speed, 17 pressure, quality 3 and condition 1….
    I changed the quality to 4, made a few circles which only had 4 nodes per circle, they were 100mm sq and it still vibrated and went really really slow like in video……
    Its really getting to me now, i paid £2000 for the cutter last week, it worked fine and now this, its just taking for ever to cut large intricate files aaagggghhh!!!!

Is there anyone local to me that may help or have a look 8)
    Im inbetween Worksop and Doncaster….

• Jason Xuereb

October 17, 2010 at 3:58 am

Have you done a firmware update?

• Jason Xuereb

October 17, 2010 at 4:10 am

I posted this on another forum so duplicating it here:

I get a lot of private messages asking for help with the Graphtec’s FC8000. I am posting this message with all my reference settings on my machines. I will slowly add all the settings on the machine so please bare with me when I get some down time. I’ve had my fair share of problems with my machine initially and I guess the manual could explain the affect of each setting on the machine a bit better then just telling us how to change them.

Firmware 1.50

CONDITION SETTINGS
    Name: Half Cut
    Tool: CB09U+0
    Speed: 55cm/s
    Force: 19
    Accel: 4
    Cutline Pattern: Off
    Assign Tool: 1
    Tangent Emulation: Off
    Overcut Start: 0.7mm
    Overcut End: 0.7mm
    Distance Adjust: Off
    Intial Downforce: 2

TOOL SETTINGS
    Tool Offset Adju: X=0, Y=0
    Step Pass: 0
    Offset Force: 7
    Offset Angle: 30
    Data Sorting Area: Off
    Data Sorting Tool: Off
    Tool Up Speed: Auto
    Condition Priority: Program
    Tool Select Command: Enabled
    Intial Blade: 2mm Below
    Tool Up Move: Disabled
    Tool Up Height: 0mm

ARMS
    Mark Scan Mode: Off
    Number Of Points: 2 Points
    Mark Distance: X=0 Y=0
    Distance Adjust Mode: User
    Distance Adjust Custom Unit: 5mm
    Mark Size: 20mm
    Axis Origin Offset: X=0 Y=0
    Sensor Offset Adjustment: X-0.4mm Y=0.2mm (This would be custom to my machine to dial it in accurately)
    Mark Auto Scan: On
    Paper Weight: On
    Axis Alignment Tool: Light Pointer
    Sensing Speed: Slow
    Sensing Level: X=70 Y=90

AREA
    Expand: Default
    Scale: 1
    Rotate: Off
    Mirror: Off

• Daniel Crank

October 17, 2010 at 10:56 am

I thank you all very much for your help but JASON…. Your the Man…

I don’t know what setting it was as many were different but its running like a dream now.
    Thanks to all again.
    Dan

• Jason Xuereb

October 17, 2010 at 11:14 am

Hey Daniel,

I had the same issue as you. It took me 6 months to resolve as it was only happening on my 2nd cutter. I copied all the settings from my first machine so I don’t know which actual setting it was either but the settings I posted seem to make it work.

Enjoy your new found faster circle cutting abilities.

• Daniel Crank

October 17, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Thanks again Jason 😀

• Joachim Kurz

October 29, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Hello
    I had the same problem until I found this thread.
    The important setting is the offset angle in the tool settings. I have changed it to 5 and FC 8000 is still moving smoothly. But when I decrease it to 1 it starts vibrating. Thanks to Jason for this hint :-).
    JoKu

• Jason Xuereb

October 30, 2010 at 4:55 am

Hey Joachim glad you nailed down which individual setting it was.

I had an order of close to a million labels. I ordered a second machine to cope with the job but the new cutter was cutting at like double the speed even though it was cutting the same file with the same speed settings etc.

With the new machine all i did was unpack it and turn it on. Didn’t mess with any of the settings. I’m assuming the tech who set up our first machine had no idea what he was doing or it came from the factory like that.

Glad everyone is cutting smoothly now.